OFFICIAL ticket prices vs. Arsenal

I take your point but there is no way you can please everybody and at very least the clubs decision can be seen to reward those who support the club and have made it very affordable for people to take the kids along.

They have to make a decision and I think that the decision will please most people.

Agree that whatever price is set there will be someone who is unhappy.

As a lapsed season ticket holder I was looking at this game as one I might go to. But £30 on the kop for a game where it is likely neither side will field their strongest team when it is on TV and I already have other events planned in that pay cycle - well, I'm out.

I don't expect sympathy, I even expect a few "good riddance" comments. I'm not even complaining, I'm pragmatic enough to know that I'm being priced out of football and it will be even worse when we get to the Prem. It just would have been nice to see it around the £20-£25 mark for the 4th round of the second cup competition. Hey ho.

Why?

Explain to me why for 'this type of game' season ticket holders should be heavily discounted against non-season ticket holders. Season ticket holders are getting heavy discounts already on league games (as should always be the case).

When I was a season ticket holder (25+ years) the only benefit we got was priority seating for cup ties and away matches, and 10% off in the club shop. Creating this two tier ticketing system won't bring back the floating fans this season...it might create more season ticket holders next season but right here and now we are heamorraging fans at an alarming rate and this kind of structure just won't get them back on side.

Who would pay £8 more than someone sat next to him/her just because of extenuating circumstances?!

This has been well answered by others above and I don't need to further elaborate.

But times have changed from years gone by and people need to move on with this change.

Membership schemes (including ST holders) are put in place in all sorts of entertainment businesses, to give priority for tickets for big events.

This game is a big event, so therefore those that pay the money out to commit to ST's or Memberships should have priority pricing.

This is just how the world work nowadays.

Even so, £33 is bloody decent value for this type of game & opposition.

As a lapsed season ticket holder I was looking at this game as one I might go to. But £30 on the kop for a game where it is likely neither side will field their strongest team when it is on TV and I already have other events planned in that pay cycle - well, I'm out.

I don't expect sympathy, I even expect a few "good riddance" comments. I'm not even complaining, I'm pragmatic enough to know that I'm being priced out of football and it will be even worse when we get to the Prem. It just would have been nice to see it around the £20-£25 mark for the 4th round of the second cup competition. Hey ho.

Thinking about it - £30 adults is a bit steep for general sale adults.

Obviously not as bad as league prices but still high.

The kids prices are tremendous but that's no help if you're not taking kids.

Maybe take the cats?

The member needs to be added to your friends and family, and you need to select the ticket is for them, rather than as the 2nd one for your ST.

Thats what I thought, I've got them added to friends and family, I've added my season ticket seat but when I go to stadium view to add another I can only select myself, they don't show up on the right, I assume because they're not eligible to buy a ticket yet.

Seems silly that I can buy a ticket for anyone at £33 but can't use that second one for a member at the £25

From Arsenal's website:

We are due to receive an allocation of 3,100 tickets for this fixture located in the West Stand, with a further allocation to be received dependent on sales.

Tickets are priced at:

£25.00 Adults

£15.00 Senior Citizen (O’65), Full Time Students with a valid NUS Card & Armed Forces Personnel

£10.00 Young Adult (17-20)

£5.00 Under 17

Cheaper for an Arsenal fan than Wednesday fan?

Thats what I thought, I've got them added to friends and family, I've added my season ticket seat but when I go to stadium view to add another I can only select myself, they don't show up on the right, I assume because they're not eligible to buy a ticket yet.

Seems silly that I can buy a ticket for anyone at £33 but can't use that second one for a member at the £25

Members cant buy until Monday so your second ticket will be at full price

I notice that season ticket holders can also purchase an extra ticket for £25.

That's an excellent idea as my father, who's supported us all his life but can't attend enough games nowadays to justify getting a membership can still get to watch the game for £25, if of course he's able to go!

Well done Wednesday

Cheaper for an Arsenal fan than Wednesday fan?

I was wondering how long before that was spotted

I notice that season ticket holders can also purchase an extra ticket for £25.

That's an excellent idea as my father, who's supported us all his life but can't attend enough games nowadays to justify getting a membership can still get to watch the game for £25, if of course he's able to go!

Well done Wednesday

It really is a great incentive

Football is a rip off. Fans are charged way too much, for tickets, shirts merchandise etc...

In the grand scheme of things, I think the club have got the prices right for this one. Granted we all want it to be cheaper overall.

Oh and............. good riddance ;-)

The £5 for a kid is great and not before time, however rewarding season ticket holders who have only paid about £17 a game doesn't really make short term financial sense (I think they'll be paying much more next year).

I won't be going, I've been ripped off once already this season and this just makes me feel like it's happening again, call me a part timer, I don't care, I would like to go more but I'm not prepared to pay those prices to see Arsenil send out there development squad.

Hey ho...

Awaits public humiliation..... again !

Sorry Malc, just seen your Hey ho too, wasn't copying you just great minds think alike - or sommat like that lol

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

This game should be all about attracting the next generation of Wednesday fans and the club appear to have remembered that.

Where I think it's missing a trick is to offer families who are bringing the kids to the Arsenal game a further incentive to come back for the Championship games.