OFFICIAL ticket prices vs. Arsenal

I'll be honest and say £25 IMO would have been right for all areas - members & ST £20.......

Gooners are getting it at £25 which they'll be well happy with and is a bit of a kick in the knackers for the home fans

Hey ho

Tho how many arsenal fans would want to travel up North to watch a midtable championship side. Hardly an exciting game for them, so im not surprised if they are charged slightly less than the home fans.

I think its more about rewarding people who've put the best part of £500 into the club - rather than people who turn up once and moan about being ripped off

That is exactly the point

It is also setting the precedent - if you want to get the best deals then either get a season ticket or membership.

I think its more about rewarding people who've put the best part of £500 into the club - rather than people who turn up once and moan about being ripped off

Can get your point but I put over £100 for one game and the fact they've set Arsenals ticket level at our so called "discounted" level says quite a lot really...

If it was £25 everywhere (which for many reasons would be daft) then you would have brought out the next excuse from the extensive collection...

It's only the 4th round of the cup, not paying 5th round prices

CC will be playing the reserve team, I'm not paying to watch the reserves

Blah blah flippin blah.

Agree that whatever price is set there will be someone who is unhappy.

As a lapsed season ticket holder I was looking at this game as one I might go to. But £30 on the kop for a game where it is likely neither side will field their strongest team when it is on TV and I already have other events planned in that pay cycle - well, I'm out.

I don't expect sympathy, I even expect a few "good riddance" comments. I'm not even complaining, I'm pragmatic enough to know that I'm being priced out of football and it will be even worse when we get to the Prem. It just would have been nice to see it around the £20-£25 mark for the 4th round of the second cup competition. Hey ho.

Wow, wasn't far off with that.

I'll be honest and say £25 IMO would have been right for all areas - members & ST £20....... 

Gooners are getting it at £25 which they'll be well happy with and is a bit of a kick in the knackers for the home fans

Hey ho

They are getting it for just £25, plus their £1000+ ST, plus going to every cup and away game to get enough points...

Directly comparing them to our home fans who go to a game every 3 or 4 years is a bit daft tbh.

Tho how many arsenal fans would want to travel up North to watch a midtable championship side. Hardly an exciting game for them, so im not surprised if they are charged slightly less than the home fans.

That's fair comment - if all away fans (us included) were treat the same

I notice that season ticket holders can also purchase an extra ticket for £25.

That's an excellent idea as my father, who's supported us all his life but can't attend enough games nowadays to justify getting a membership can still get to watch the game for £25, if of course he's able to go!

Well done Wednesday

Extra tickets aren't £25, they're normal price:

Tuesday 29 September

Season Ticket holders, who can purchase up to two tickets, with the second seat priced at the general sale cost. 

Members cant buy until Monday so your second ticket will be at full price

Doesnt that sound a bit wrong? I can buy an extra ticket for anyone, right now, regardless of if they're a member or not, but I can't use my "second ticket" for a member?

Edited by fro5tie

The £5 for a kid is great and not before time, however rewarding season ticket holders who have only paid about £17 a game doesn't really make short term financial sense (I think they'll be paying much more next year).

I won't be going, I've been ripped off once already this season and this just makes me feel like it's happening again, call me a part timer, I don't care, I would like to go more but I'm not prepared to pay those prices to see Arsenil send out there development squad.

Hey ho...

Awaits public humiliation..... again !

Sorry Malc, just seen your Hey ho too, wasn't copying you just great minds think alike - or sommat like that lol

It is pretty obvious that Chanseri is trying to build a club and fanbase based on season tickets for regulars and membership for people who either can't commit to buying a season ticket or can't get to enough games. This is a model used in most industries and one I expect is used by bigger clubs in the Premier League although I have not checked that.

In order to do that there needs to be incentives for people to join and rewarding them at games like this is one way of doing it.

Oh and it won't be Arsenal's development squad , they have enough top players to put out two teams, it will include a few young stars who we would probably love to have on loan but they will put out a decent team.

It is pretty obvious that Chanseri is trying to build a club and fanbase based on season tickets for regulars and membership for people who either can't commit to buying a season ticket or can't get to enough games. This is a model used in most industries and one I expect is used by bigger clubs in the Premier League although I have not checked that.

In order to do that there needs to be incentives for people to join and rewarding them at games like this is one way of doing it.

Oh and it won't be Arsenal's development squad , they have enough top players to put out two teams, it will include a few young stars who we would probably love to have on loan but they will put out a decent team.

And we will still have empty seats...

Doesnt that sound a bit wrong? I can buy an extra ticket for anyone, right now, regardless of if they're a member or not, but I can't use my "second ticket" for a member?

I'm in that boat.

I'm a ST and my dad's a member.

Want to get us tickets today but I'd have to pay full whack for him if purchasing in next week.

Arsenal have over 50,000 season ticket holders and members so they'll probably never reach general sale.

Serious question...

If they are expected to be so popular why have the club only given them an initial allocation rather than all the west stand ?

Like I say, it's a serious question not meant to be sarcky..

That doesn't benefit Sheffield Wednesday in any way, shape or form.

And has zero relevance.

Of course is has relevance.

The incorrect point was that any part-time Arse fan could rockup and buy a ticket for £25 whereas a part-time Wednesday fan gets a kick in the teeth to pay more.

The fact is that for an Arse fan to even be allowed in the queue to buy a ticket (at the same price as we are selling them at the same price for far superior seats facilities and views to our own fans who have ST's or memberships), will have paid £1000's this season to have a ST and have attended all the other games as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if there ends up being 1000's of Arsenal fans in home areas for this.

Great opportunity for some of them who can't normally even get the opportunity to buy tickets to see them, get them at fantastic prices.

Edited by nebneeb

Hay!!! Don't be too hard on them!

They have tried their very very very best this time around. They nearly got it right as well.

lol

Agreed, I think the ticket prices are spot on, though charging home fans more than away fans is a first for me!

This cobblers about Arsenal fans paid for their own season ticket blah blah blah has absolutely nothing to do with Wednesday's pricing policy for this game - just like our season ticket holders don't get cheaper seats at Elland Road, KC Stadium, St Andrew's or any other stadium in the world!

Of course is has relevance.

The incorrect point was that any part-time Arse fan could rockup and buy a ticket for £25 whereas a part-time Wednesday fan gets a kick in the teeth to pay more.

The fact is that for an Arse fan to even be allowed in the queue to buy a ticket (at the same price as we are selling them at the same price for far superior seats facilities and views to our own fans who have ST's or memberships), will have paid £1000's this season to have a ST and have attended all the other games as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if there ends up being 1000's of Arsenal fans in home areas for this.

Great opportunity for some of them who can't normally even get the opportunity to buy tickets to see them, get them at fantastic prices.

Do our season ticket holders get cheaper tickets at away grounds, or are they charged the same as non-season ticket holders?