Worst Player To Pay For Us In The Prem

Paid £16 (when that was a lot) on uncovered terrace at roker park late November and Scott Oakes scored a superb goal to put us 1-up. Sunderland equalised 1m later.

It was effin freezing and miserable but for one minute he cheered me up - got done on sniff or summat if i remember right?

I Was mascot that day, I was 12 and still taller than carbone.

Phil Scott

Scott Oakes

Jon newsome

Danny sonner

Steve nicol

Newsome gets a pass for that goal against West Ham that kept us up in 96. Harsh on Steve Nicol, I saw him loads of times and it was obvious that he was still a great player, he was just at the age where his body couldn't quite do what his head was telling it to. Sonner was ok considering we only paid £50,000 for him.

Blondeau was pretty diabolical. Also Lance Key, Marc Degryse, Mark Platts, Mike Williams, O'Neil Donaldson and Sanetti were pretty damn grim.

Of all the dross we have had you list Marc degryse? For those saying Pearce was an awful defender, whilst he may have not been up to to premiership football , he would walk into this side

It's funny how people's perspective differ.

Marc Degryse wad great. Such a shame Pleat got shot of him. In a second season he would have been awesome. That performance against Leeds was just brilliant.

I loved Andy Pearce. Strong in the tackle, good in the air, scored one or two. With hindsight not the best positionally but a decent player nonetheless.

Wayne Collins was an odd one. Came from nowhere (Crewe I think), went straight into the team and the team went straight to the top of the league. He was pretty good but then disappeared as quickly as he had arrived.

Steve Nicol was superb. Especially when you consider he couldn't run. He came in to a team playing awfully and helped keep us up. The next year he sat infront of the back four and was excellent. Ioved him and for what it's worth, I'd have him back as manager too, his record in Americaland was very good indeed last time I looked.

I've been supporting Wednesday since the early 80s and can honestly say there are names in this thread I've never heard of.

I must have subconsciously blanked them out over the years.

Oh and Debuild has to be up there as a contender for one of the worst players too

Couldn't stand that 'wage stealing' waster.

Phil Scott

Scott Oakes

Jon newsome

Danny sonner

Steve nicol

Steve Nicol was one of the highest quality players we EVER had, even at the end of his career he looked pure quality. Therefore, I find that comment one of the most ridiculous I have ever seen on OT.

That really takes some doing, well done.

Also, Jon Newsime was good but bad luck with injuries.

Simon Coleman, Adam Poric, that forward (Johnson?), Linighan were all pants

bit harsh on linighan he only played 1 game .........

worst for me as to be de bilde had all the skill and just couldnt be arsed to use it ...............whoever said marc degryse wants to get a grip .one of our better imports .

Blondeau was pretty diabolical. Also Lance Key, Marc Degryse, Mark Platts, Mike Williams, O'Neil Donaldson and Sanetti were pretty damn grim.

Agree with most of your list, but not with Degryse. Thought he was a very good player, plus that goal against Leeds.