Official Loan Window Transfer Rumours Mega Thread

Guest wilyfox

Nah, we won't. Rather pleased our days of scratching around for players before the loan deadline are over - even if it does turn out to be the last emergency loan window. For the first time, the deadline will lapse without feeling we've left ourselves short. It's the DC effect.

Absolutely no point in getting an unfit body in for the sake of it.

I was at the meet the players lunch yesterday and we had Glen Loovens on our table - what a guy, so calm and down to earth and very talkative haha. He was asked how easy it is to work with for e.g. loan players that come in, late in a season and he agreed that it's often a pointless task at this stage of a season, to unsettle things and bring people in for the sake of it... Interestingly, he was 100% confident when he said that he believes they won't lose another game in the remainder of the season. ;)

Guest wilyfox

Is he that bad?

Hard to say, but Norwich have exiled him for a reason, no doubt. Clearly, Palermo had issues with him too.

That aside (because I don't dwell too much on reputation), I don't think he's good enough to risk putting Nuhiu and Joao's noses out of joint to find out. If a proven forward the calibre of Murray or Lambert were available to us, then fair enough. But I wouldn't risk rocking the boat for the sake of Lafferty - who is only getting off his arse (finally) to help his own cause.

I was at the meet the players lunch yesterday and we had Glen Loovens on our table - what a guy, so calm and down to earth and very talkative haha. He was asked how easy it is to work with for e.g. loan players that come in, late in a season and he agreed that it's often a pointless task at this stage of a season, to unsettle things and bring people in for the sake of it... Interestingly, he was 100% confident when he said that he believes they won't lose another game in the remainder of the season. ;)

That's some statement to make. Just shows how much confidence the lads have and hopefully that'll show for the last 8 games. 

Realistically, you're not going to get anyone suitable so late in the season. Personally, I think that we should have strengthened more in January, and if we fail it will be then when we blew it, not now. Those who were happy to go with what we'd got back in January had yet to see how badly we would struggle with Lionel Forestieri missing, or how we're likely to struggle with Baz absent after the international break. OK, Nuhiu changed the game against a very poor Charlton team, but a Baz-less Wednesday against Huddersfield will be a very different prospect, for example. Wednesday look a much better team with Hutch in it, but he can only ever be regarded as a bonus because of his injury problems. We're liable to lose a playerb to a red card at any time these days, and the refs worry me more now than the opposition. All reasons for strengthening the team.

Edited by Athelwulf