Official Loan Window Transfer Rumours Mega Thread

Donaldson is a far better player. Suspect we may have enquired, but advised him he would be behind the current crop of strikers. Don't rate the bloke, and I could have marked him out of the game tonight. Seen more mobility in a traffic cone.

Bit disappointed Lafferty has gone to Brum, but must be because we weren't that desperate which is a great situation to be in. Hopefully it won't strengthen them too much.

Not fussed. Nuhiu and Joao have got us to 6th after 38 games. Happy to trust them for the final 8 + 3.

With Bannan and Forestieri both in the team I'd fancy us against anyone. Lose either of them and it's a different kettle of fish altogether. This isn't lost on Brum, hence the signing...

So had we been in for an alternative to those two, then that might have been different. Kyle Lafferty though, is hardly a viable alternative though is he?

That's some statement to make. Just shows how much confidence the lads have and hopefully that'll show for the last 8 games. 

Yep I agree, we all sort of did a joint 'You all true believe that' and he was like 'hell yer of course - why not, we're only getting better' or something to that effect and it didn't come across in his tone or expressions, as a pacifying a group of fans sat around one of their idols or lifelong club player either.

He was a pleasure to converse with but bless, he did struggle with some of the more 'broad' accents around the table on a few occasions.

Another around the table asked him about Lafferty and he was literally like 'Who... never heard of him, I'm always last to know' but the latter bit struck me a bit as, the Captain surely should never and probably is never last to know, so took that one with a pinch of salt in that sense.

He said further about players coming in so late in a season, it can and does unsettle if not careful and he said that the WHOLE squad who are involved with the club right now, are one of the best fits of a team he has played with for morale, togetherness and so forth.

Oh I really should be putting this stuff in my prev thread about the dine with players experience Q I posed the other day but sod it...

Glenn also said that he heard the other day about the 3 games left to match or is it beat the clubs clean sheet record... he was visibly over the moon about that and complemented Tom Lees, which you'd expect as they've grown in stature alongside each other again and the consistency is back.

They have the scores on in the dressing room after a game, I was like "I thought that was often a banned thing checking on others etc" and he was like "no not at all - whilst at some clubs where things like papers are banned and all that kind of stuff, certainly not here or under Carlos".

OH My Semedo had a pair of jeans on and not only were his thigh muscles doing a 'Dr David Banner' wanting to bust out but chuff me, anybody would think they were tattooed on him they were that tight haha. As you all know anyway, top guy and speaks of his friendship with Cristiano in the vein of "it's hard for you guys to understand, as you see me in the position I am as a player but it's no different to how you and your mates are" Top Man!

Oh well I will leave it there as I shouldn't really hijack the loan thread but got carried away - apologies... most if not all is what you already would know or think yourselves anyway, so nothing really new but there's definitely a calm, easiness around one another and when somebody said about getting in to the play offs, Glenn retorted with "ok then, play offs it is - I was going for automatics personally" to a loud applause haha!

Over n out.

So had we been in for an alternative to those two, then that might have been different. Kyle Lafferty though, is hardly a viable alternative though is he?

Alan Judge was probably the only viable replacement for those two - and must admit I was hoping we'd have gone for him, with a view to a permanent in the summer, now Brentford's season's over.

Guest wilyfox

Alan Judge was probably the only viable replacement for those two - and must admit I was hoping we'd have gone for him, with a view to a permanent in the summer, now Brentford's season's over.

Brentford's season isn't over. They're only 6pts above the relegation zone, with teams around them showing better form. They daren't let anyone else out this season. They've already hurt themselves selling Tarkowski and Diagouraga mid-season.

Brentford's season isn't over. They're only 6pts above the relegation zone, with teams around them showing better form. They daren't let anyone else out this season. They've already hurt themselves selling Tarkowski and Diagouraga mid-season.

Wow that's one hell of a fall from grace. They were talking about not selling to a play off rival at the time I think I remember

Guest wilyfox

Wow that's one hell of a fall from grace. They were talking about not selling to a play off rival at the time I think I remember

Yeah, I know. To think how well they did last season.. Warburton, Gray, Jota, Pritchard, Dallas, Diagouraga, Douglas, Odubajo, Tarkowski...all gone! Of their better players, probably only Judge and Bidwell that remain - for now.

Yeah, I know. To think how well they did last season.. Warburton, Gray, Jota, Pritchard, Dallas, Diagouraga, Douglas, Odubajo, Tarkowski...all gone! Of their better players, probably only Judge and Bidwell that remain - for now.

Judge will be gone in the summer , probably Bidwell too . 

Both are way too god for Brentford. 

would love to see us push the boat out for Judge in the summer. 

Guest wilyfox

Judge will be gone in the summer , probably Bidwell too .

Both are way too god for Brentford.

would love to see us push the boat out for Judge in the summer.

I'd take both of them in the summer, if we're still in the champ. Confident we'll buy Pudil, but Bennett may not be so straightforward. Limited opportunities for him here, and could be Villa's first choice LB next season after they drop. Bidwell would be a cracking alternative to Bennett as competition for Pudil.

Edited by wilyfox