Hooper

Vdyra is a far better option.

This is the trouble with the transfer window, it should close two weeks earlier.

People saying we have messed about too, I disagree, clubs are reluctant to do big business until near the deadline because they want to see where they are at and who they need. It is hard to get big deals done earlier.

I wish everyone would stop quoting that waste of spaceNixon...of course we're looking to bring people in. I could tell you that.

No doubt he gets little bits of info, but then suggests he knows the full picture ;o).. he doesn't, as proven with the 'done deal' for Hooper.

Yet your still reading the thread based on Nixon breaking the original story.

The irony

I wish everyone would stop quoting that waste of spaceNixon...of course we're looking to bring people in. I could tell you that.

No doubt he gets little bits of info, but then suggests he knows the full picture ;o).. he doesn't, as proven with the 'done deal' for Hooper. 

He's hardly a 'waste of space'. AN has been on the money with us throughout the summer, so I think it's fair to say he's got a contact within the club.

We get nowt out the Radio Sheffield lot.

If you believe all the various reports......

1.Norwich have decided not to let us have Hooper after all, after previously allowing him to join us

2.Forestieri wants to stay at Watford

3.We are now so desperate for a striker, CC is considering taking Kyle Lafferty after Norwich offered him instead.

Might be wrong, but I think we could end up taking in another striker from abroad (provide better value for money so I'm told), else just wait to see where we are in January, for a big push then.

Not convinced that elusive big name, or prolific, striker is anywhere nearer to joining us myself

It'll be torture up to and including deadline day, when we'll either...

a) bring in a proven goalscorer that we will all spray our shorts over (ft. unrealistic promotion talk)

b) get desperate and bring in someone poo to make p the numbers (ft. sad Taylor Swift gifs)

c) anticlimactically bring in no one, and stick with Big Dave (ft. sad Taylor Swift gifs)

Guest WESTENDOWL

FORMER Scunthorpe United striker Gary Hooper is reported to have agreed terms on a loan move to Sheffield Wednesday from Norwich City.

But the 90min.com website reports the deal is said to have stalled because of delayed paperwork and a dispute over minor payments.

Hooper has been linked with several clubs throughout the summer, with the Owls and former club Celtic believed to be among the front-runners for his signature.

90min.com has said Hooper was understood to have agreed a loan move to South Yorkshire until the end of the season after joining his Norwich team-mate Michael Turner for talks at Hillsborough earlier this week.

The fax machine strikes again

Edited by WESTENDOWL

We knew we needed a striker 2 months a go but we pissed about and this is what happens.

It's quite clear we've been after one all summer...and willing to pay large sums as well. But thus far we've been quoted 8 to 14 million for Rhodes, and agreed a deal with Norwich...for which they've reneged on. Plus we've signed a decent prospect in Joao. 

But, as always, someone must find a reason to bash the club. 

Vdyra is a far better option.

This is the trouble with the transfer window, it should close two weeks earlier.

People saying we have messed about too, I disagree, clubs are reluctant to do big business until near the deadline because they want to see where they are at and who they need. It is hard to get big deals done earlier.

The best deals have already been done & dusted ... They're gone elsewhere

A lot on here just didn't realise it, because they thought £350k was the going rate

Edited by camffiti

Has anyone from the club said that we're looking to bring in a big name, proven striker, or are we just using that to criticise the club because people like to do that?

I think you'd have to be extremely thick to think Mr C isn't trying to bring in a proven striker myself. But if efforts are being restricted by availability or affordability issues, as in the case of Rhodes, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that you might need to look abroad again, or assess in January if you miss out.

Seems finding the right striker, and getting him to sign on the dotted line are issues at this moment in time.

They could sign Messi and not guarantee that he'll hit the ground running/settle in Wolverhampton/form a good partnership with Dicko.

That's my point. I wouldn't accept the money because promotion is worth so much more. They're risking a hell of a lot....

If Messi was in the championship you wouldn't need him to settle in. Tactics would simply be, give ball to Messi amd watch him waltz past every opposing player and put the ball in the net

Trump

Nawty

It's quite clear we've been after one all summer...and willing to pay large sums as well. But thus far we've been quoted 8 to 14 million for Rhodes, and agreed a deal with Norwich...for which they've reneged on. Plus we've signed a decent prospect in Joao.

But, as always, someone must find a reason to bash the club.

rounduns. We were never ever in for Rhodes and the deal with hooper happened about 3 days ago. We've not signed a striker because where not prepared to pay the Going rate. DC expects us to pay premier league ticket prices but has thus far not spent enough money on recruitment to justify this. Edited by coreyswfc