Pricing policy is so wrong.

Agreed. The actual system of multiple categories is clearly sensible as it allows the club flexibility on pricing and I have no doubt that the club want to address the problem that we have 14k season ticket holders and our peer group clubs like derby and Norwich have 20k plus.

What the club has got wrong is the pricing for the Bristol City game , s6 should be jumping for that game and to make sure of that if anything this game should have been priced cheaply to get people back to the ground if had been it would have been great pr and if we had then played well and beaten Bristol City it would have been great start to this new era of hope.

You may be right.  The counterargument is that if you start off with one of the most attractive games (because it's first game) at D, you make the immediate uptake of memberships that less bit attractive.  And you'll still have the-£39-for-one-ticket argument downstream.

You may be right.  The counterargument is that if you start off with one of the most attractive games (because it's first game) at D, you make the immediate uptake of memberships that less bit attractive.  And you'll still have the-£39-for-one-ticket argument downstream.

This!!!

Start off the season with a reasonable price for the first few games (particularly the first home match) and get the punters in. 

Don't alienate some of them by making it one of the most expensive opening games of the season and in turn bring a load of negative headlines in the press, from both your own fans and the away fans (so much so that the latter makes one of the main headlines on the Beeb website). 

Once you've got people hooked in and - if we are doing well - then people might become more amenable to the more expensive ticket prices over time. 

I can understand the logic behind Mr. Chansiri wanting fans to buy season tickets as it obviously gives the club some indication of what the finances will be like at an early stage. However, Sheffield is a working class area, not everyone is available to attend every game. A lot of fans, myself included, work shifts and the odd weekend, so if I bought a season ticket I'm guaranteed to miss at least 7/8 games a season. It's all well and good saying buy membership and go when I can but there's no knowing what games I'll be available for. It could well be Leeds, Rotherham, Derby and Forest (I'm also, so far, available to watch the Bristol game) at top end prices, it's just too pricey.

I get that the pricing structure is designed to get people to buy season tickets.  It's just a shame that little or no thought seems to have been given to those fans who cannot get a season ticket.  Finance is not the only thing that stops people getting a season ticket.  Work, travel time and other life commitments can all get in the way.  

Also, if you are a person just getting into football and you fancy watching a game you are not going to stump up for a season ticket right off, as it is a bit commitment.  You will probably take in a few matches before buying your own season ticket.  With our current match day prices we may struggle to gain new fans.  

If we're near the top the fans will return, simple as that.

To a point agree, but the simple fact is some people may well be excluded and unable to attend regardless of how well we are doing. 

Inevitably I can see the higher categories being utilised the better we are doing. 

To a point agree, but the simple fact is some people may well be excluded and unable to attend regardless of how well we are doing.

Inevitably I can see the higher categories being utilised the better we are doing.

To an extent, and I agree a small number of fans fall into that scenario, but I think the majority haven't paid simply because they can't justify the hike, rather then finances. Compete for promotion and they'll be back.

We have no idea if anything has been missed yet, as we have no idea what the average potg price will be, nor exactly how many will be out off until we actually see who turns up.

People have whinged on OT pretty much every pre-season about price increases, but our attendances have stayed about the same.

I think a big big problem the club have is the phase 3 prices with an average of 30 quid on the north.

This means they must maintain an average potg price of around 35-40.

If we are mid table or lower or even on a bad run nobody will bother.

If we utterly tank and they make loads of games cat E and F then the phase 3 st holders will be pretty annoyed as they won't have saved any money.

It's all geared at us having a go and there is a good chance we are inconsistent or poor given all the new faces.

The guy who's a Spurs fan obviously hasn't been to White Hart Lane for a while - here are their prices:-

STAND CATEGORY A CATEGORY B CATEGORY C West Upper £81.00 £58.00 £47.00 West Lower £71.00 £54.00 £44.00 East Upper (clear view) £71.00 £54.00 £44.00 East Upper (restricted view) £59.00 £47.00 £39.00 East Lower (clear view) £61.00 £45.00 £40.00 East Lower (restricted view) £48.00 £39.00 £35.00 South Upper £54.00 £41.00 £37.00 South Lower £48.00 £37.00 £32.00 North Upper (Adult) £54.00 £41.00 £37.00 North Upper (Sen. Cit) £31.00 £24.00 £22.00 North Upper (Jun) £28.00 £22.00 £20.00 North Lower (Adult) £48.00 £37.00 £32.00 North Lower (Sen. Cit) £28.00 £21.00 £19.00 North Lower (Jun) £25.00 £19.00 £17.00

Club should have published the overall pricing structure when the early bird STs were on sale - the phase 2 and 3 ST prices and planned match day prices. People would then have had an informed choice - buy now at the best price, wait a little longer and pay the increase or face the POTG prices. Understand those that commit early are duely rewarded but I would have thought this would have been the best way to shift STs if thats the aim.

For all those who can't afford £39 on Saturday, make sure you turn up for the Mansfield game when it's £12 a ticket.

Maybe if 20,000 turned up for this game when normally we'd struggle to get 10,000 for a 1st round cup game it might send a message to the club

The sad thing is that any other season I get excited about the prospect of us selling out a game.

Now if that happens all i will think is it justifying the ridiculous prices.

Never again will we get those weeks where we are all drumming up a fervor so that we can sell out.

The guy who's a Spurs fan obviously hasn't been to White Hart Lane for a while - here are their prices:-

STAND CATEGORY A CATEGORY B CATEGORY C West Upper £81.00 £58.00 £47.00 West Lower £71.00 £54.00 £44.00 East Upper (clear view) £71.00 £54.00 £44.00 East Upper (restricted view) £59.00 £47.00 £39.00 East Lower (clear view) £61.00 £45.00 £40.00 East Lower (restricted view) £48.00 £39.00 £35.00 South Upper £54.00 £41.00 £37.00 South Lower £48.00 £37.00 £32.00 North Upper (Adult) £54.00 £41.00 £37.00 North Upper (Sen. Cit) £31.00 £24.00 £22.00 North Upper (Jun) £28.00 £22.00 £20.00 North Lower (Adult) £48.00 £37.00 £32.00 North Lower (Sen. Cit) £28.00 £21.00 £19.00 North Lower (Jun) £25.00 £19.00 £17.00

The point is he was up for it at 25ish.

Not at 45ish.

For all those who can't afford £39 on Saturday, make sure you turn up for the Mansfield game when it's £12 a ticket.

Maybe if 20,000 turned up for this game when normally we'd struggle to get 10,000 for a 1st round cup game it might send a message to the club

This is exactly what we need to do and I shall be doing my part. Really looking forward to the game.