Pricing policy is so wrong.

I imagine there will still be a decentish turnout for the first game of the season.

23 to 25k?

Could have been better.

Thats pretty much spot on based our first home games for the last 5 seasons.

If that was the attendance, then with higher prices we are making more money, which is the idea behind the business side of being a football club.

So you think our average attendance will be 18k, but with cheaper pricing you think it will be 28k?

Its called a guess. Lets not be pedantic about the exact figures.

Whatever it will be a sizable difference.

And the difference will be made up of disgruntled fans who can't afford to be at the games.

Its called a guess. Lets not be pedantic about the exact figures.

Whatever it will be a sizable difference.

And the difference will be made up of disgruntled fans who can't afford to be at the games.

I dont think quoting figures that you posted yourself can be classed as being pedantic?

You picked two figures wildly apart as hyperbole to suit your narrative.

As you state these are "guesses" and not even particularly educated ones.

There maybe some truth that prices will effect attendances, but a swing of 10k in average attendance is just ludicrous.

I dont think quoting figures that you posted yourself can be classed as being pedantic?

You picked two figures wildly apart as hyperbole to suit your narrative.

As you state these are "guesses" and not even particularly educated ones.

There maybe some truth that prices will effect attendances, but a swing of 10k in average attendance is just ludicrous.

Of course they are hyperbole to suit my argument.

And I for one don't think they are that ridiculous.

You gotta remember what our fan base is like.

It is sizable, but it isn't wealthy.

There is a big difference between can't pay and won't pay.

I feel for anyone that has to choose between paying bills or going to the game but I think a lot of people are saying they won't go because they don't think it is value for money not because they don't literally have the money.

Yes there will be a variation.

Many will stick it in a credit card cos they are desperate to go when they can't afford it.

That is what I am doing for the first game as my current situation means I don't have much spare.

Of course they are hyperbole to suit my argument.

And I for one don't think they are that ridiculous.

You gotta remember what our fan base is like.

It is sizable, but it isn't wealthy.

If they are hyperbole then by definition they are ridiculous.

Otherwise it wouldnt be hyperbole.

Not sure where you get the idea that the fanbase "isnt wealthy" from.

If they are hyperbole then by definition they are ridiculous.

Otherwise it wouldnt be hyperbole.

Not sure where you get the idea that the fanbase "isnt wealthy" from.

It's not a wealthy demographic.

Why, do you think it is?

South Yorkshire isn't known for its particularly high standard of living.

London has a lot of wealthy people that can replace the ones who have been priced out. Not sure that elitism will work up here though.

The figures were expressive of my argument is what I meant. Our fan base is there. It's been proven against the likes of the pigs that people will pay to watch a game. Get the pricing right and people will come regularly in my opinion.

It's not a wealthy demographic.

Why, do you think it is?

South Yorkshire isn't known for its particularly high standard of living.

London has a lot of wealthy people that can replace the ones who have been priced out. Not sure that elitism will work up here though.

The figures were expressive of my argument is what I meant. Our fan base is there. It's been proven against the likes of the pigs that people will pay to watch a game. Get the pricing right and people will come regularly in my opinion.

People go against the Pigs coz its the Pigs. I will guarantee that each game against the Pigs will have been the highest category of pricing in each season.

All that proves is that people like to watch us play the Pigs.

Get a season ticket with a SWFC credit card while you still can.

Even now at Phase 3 prices it works out reasonable.

Problem is it doesn't tho. It's only 'reasonable' based around the ridiculous match day prices.

Had a season ticket for 30 odd years pal , why did I /they stop going ? ... Let me think

Players that can't trap a ball

Bad manager after bad manager

Crap chairmen

No scouting policy

Total neglect of facilities

Poor service and products on the concourse

One top half finish since we left the prem

Out of the cups at the 1st hurdle every year

Brian Barry Murphy ,John Besweatherick, Ashley Westwood , Olla Tidman,Proudlock , Terry Cook, tony Crain, Ian Hendon, ..yawn shall I go on?

Why did I stop going ??

Hand on heart I could give you a list of 15 people off the top of my head that S/Ts for years but no longer go and I'm sure people of a similar age (55) could say the same

In other words, nothing to do with the price.

I don't know you or your circumstances but I hope you get to as many games as you would like mate.

However I do know lads that say they can't afford to go when they could if they wanted. I know the houses they live in, the cars they drive, the holidays thay have and their lifestyles and I know they could afford £40 every other weekend (or so) if they wanted.

Many people spend beyond their means, Just because they have all these things mean that they are paid for and they have plenty spare.

I have not got a season ticket mainly because i am away for about 6 games a season so no point really with all the spare seats available . 

Its simple for me , If the product on the pitch is something i want to see i will pay what i think is ok, if not i will go and have a game of Golf or walk the dog .

I wonder how many fans like me who don't live in sheffield are they which pay on the day.. I am going to do my best to come, season ticket ain't an option when you factor in train fare. I just be going to the lower categorie games sadly, does make you feel like your not a 'proper' fan.

Still reasonable considering the players brought in.

Depends how much you want to go.

Really? Premier league prices for what we've brought in? We've certainly brought in some interesting, promising players but no one who we can guarantee will set the league alight.

It no, it's not just dependant on how much you want to go. Unfortunately for some people they are completely priced out and can't.

I really really want an Aston Martin DB9 but unfortunately my average salary doesn't stretch that far

Not going for the first time in about 6yrs and I'm absolutely devastated. You can't run a house, car ect and be obsessed with Wednesday and be financially responsible.

Erm yes you can.  You should try running a house, two cars, Kid, Obsessed with Wednesday, Financially responsible and one of you being off work ill/injured on sick pay for a year. Oh and also renewing two adult season tickets and one kid season ticket. Doing up the house as well. Only thing we have missed out on it a holiday. One of us on Minimum wage too.