Pricing policy is so wrong.

I feel your pain and so do thousands more, you weren't the only guy watching the last 15-20 years....

On a positive note as you've already stopped put some of the £££s you've saved by stopping towards this seasons tickets. It all balances out and the funds the club lost when you stopped gets topped up.

In all honesty if we had 30k there week in week out, wind rain or shine through good and bad we'd all be paying less.

Instead of 1000s signing potitions why not have 1000s to attend? That way we could afford to drop prices??

Or is that just Boll-cks ?

Another issue I have is the category for the opener.

For me categories are based on the game.

I can understand if we are playing a team full of players who were in the prem last year or a derby or a big promotion push game where we can go up etc.

But first game, boxing day, last day etc.

They are not high category games based on that alone, that's f**king exploiting us.

Exactly. Profiteering. 

But what they don't understand is we have a massive fanbase.

We can sell the place out. 

Regularly if the pricing is gauged right and there is success on the pitch.

I am pay on the Day fan i have had season tickets in the past ,I have moved jobs ,Pointless me getting a season ticket really ,But when i can i will be at Hillsborough ,But i know fans who are getting season tickets using student tickets ,Pensioners names to get reduced season tickets ,It,s a real shame for people that cant afford to go ,I think we are going to see some really good football ,I got a membership card yesterday ,I will carry on going in the North was very happy yesterday ,I know it was only a friendly but as i said to my mate ,That was a professional performance ,That is what we should do to inferior teams .For you fans with Mortgages ,Bank loans and young kids ,I really do feel for you i have been there ,I took 3 kids season tickets for the lot of us ,But it was a lot more affordable to attend games then.

Correct your all over it , out of interest what's your cut off price ?, where you would say no I'm not paying it

Not sure I have one tbh. Currently have a ST on South. If that fot too expensive I would swich to Kop.

If that got too expensive I would just go to as many games as I could afford.

But thats just me.

You mentioned your 15 mates stopped going because we were crap, not because they couldnt afford it.

Seen a few posts this, but no explanation.

What happened? (or I should that be what didn't happen?!)

UTO :biggrin:

Only 2 turnstiles open resulting in a queue going full length of stadium.

A steward pops his head out of an exit gate to see how long queue is, goes back in and people notice its not been closed properly.

Someone pulls it open and hundreds rush in to stand on side.

Only thing I had to complain about besides result was that there was no refreshment kiosk open. lol

Exactly. Profiteering.

But what they don't understand is we have a massive fanbase.

We can sell the place out.

Regularly if the pricing is gauged right and there is success on the pitch.

Bol locks.

We could sell the place out if EVERY game was £10 a ticket, AND STs worked out less than £10 per game AND we had a great team.

The first two points means the third would be impossible as we would have no where near enough budget to compete in the Championship.

Seems like a missed opportunity. 

A time when we should be encouraging as many fans/new fans to attend Hillsborough and we make a press release which suggests that we MIGHT, at times, be charging the most expensive prices outside of the Premier League. 

Spin it how you like, but the club has had an absolute PR mare with the whole ticketing thing. 

I've read a lot trying to justify it by suggesting that this is the price you pay for assembling a promotion challenging squad. 

On that I'd be surprised if our spending - so far -  is anywhere near the top 10 in terms of transfer fees and wages paid. 

Bol locks.

We could sell the place out if EVERY game was £10 a ticket, AND STs worked out less than £10 per game AND we had a great team.

The first two points means the third would be impossible as we would have no where near enough budget to compete in the Championship.

I believe the new sense of hope, new players, good football, wins at the top of the table would create a buzz that would bring fans back in droves. We have a very large hidden fanbase.

But that won't happen now because of the pricing.

That is all I am saying.

We will have 18k instead of 28k. Result: not much difference in profit.

Seems like a missed opportunity.

A time when we should be encouraging as many fans/new fans to attend Hillsborough and we make a press release which suggests that we MIGHT, at times, be charging the most expensive prices outside of the Premier League.

Spin it how you like, but the club has had an absolute PR mare with the whole ticketing thing.

I've read a lot trying to justify it by suggesting that this is the price you pay for assembling a promotion challenging squad.

On that I'd be surprised if our spending - so far - is anywhere near the top 10 in terms of transfer fees and wages paid.

We have no idea if anything has been missed yet, as we have no idea what the average potg price will be, nor exactly how many will be out off until we actually see who turns up.

People have whinged on OT pretty much every pre-season about price increases, but our attendances have stayed about the same.

The pricing policy, to use the OP's phrase, is (a) to drive people to ST & membership options and (b) to allow spot pricing.

This seems pretty basic stuff . I would imagine he'll have had some consultants in or an eager young MBA from Chansiri. It's the approach they'd naturally recommend.

We shall see. It's a flexible enough vehicle to allow lots of low category games, esp if things aren't working out on the field; and he can calibrate it when he has real information about how demand is linked to price. Knowing the way we have been run for years, I wouldn't be surprised if the way we hold data doesn't shed much light on this: a situation up with which Mr C is unlikely to put.

He won't want to signal level of low category availability in the phase where ST is still on sale, and there's a push on membership.

Agreed. The actual system of multiple categories is clearly sensible as it allows the club flexibility on pricing and I have no doubt that the club want to address the problem that we have 14k season ticket holders and our peer group clubs like derby and Norwich have 20k plus.

What the club has got wrong is the pricing for the Bristol City game , s6 should be jumping for that game and to make sure of that if anything this game should have been priced cheaply to get people back to the ground if had been it would have been great pr and if we had then played well and beaten Bristol City it would have been great start to this new era of hope.

I believe the new sense of hope, new players, good football, wins at the top of the table would create a buzz that would bring fans back in droves. We have a very large hidden fanbase.

But that won't happen now because of the pricing.

That is all I am saying.

We will have 18k instead of 28k. Result: not much difference in profit.

Your figures of 18k / 28k are you talking about first game or averages over the season?

Not sure I have one tbh. Currently have a ST on South. If that fot too expensive I would swich to Kop.

If that got too expensive I would just go to as many games as I could afford.

But thats just me.

You mentioned your 15 mates stopped going because we were crap, not because they couldnt afford it.

mate I speak to people all the time and the majority say the same and that is its way too expensive .

Let me give you another example , my mate Stuart , in the same boat as me had a S/T for decades but stopped going but when we meet up its all we talk about.

He was well up for going this season , he then finds out the prices and then it's "think I'll go to the 1st one I'm not paying that kind of money regularly"

In my opinion we could have had 30,000 + next week if the pricing had been realistic

No we will have a decent turn out for the first game.

But it will drop off sharply thereafter in my opinion.

Beholder, give it up pal it's not over priced there isn't thousands that could have been drawn back , unless you are wearing your "I went through the poo poo times" medal you don't have an opinion.