Pricing policy is so wrong.

If I go out and get a membership today and a ticket for my usual seat on the south it will cost me over £70 to watch first game of the season.

Then due to work not knowing when I will be able to get to the next match.

That is overpriced.

I think they will go up a modest amount, but as I've said multiple times, ST's are the cheapest way to watch the club. They are the floor price. The base price.

If they get ST prices wrong, they truly will price out the loyal fans and will get 1000's not renewing. That will be a huge financial problem for the club.

I don't think they want to do that.

I don't think they would risk doing it even if they wanted to.

If they did do it they would have to do a U-turn since the balance sheet would look awful and it would hurt the owner's pocket at the end of the day.

What you mean is that you hope they won't put EB 1 season tickets up at double digit percentage next year, haven't you yet grasped that it is this years objections that wil "encourage" the club not to go too agressive with ANY of their increases next year ?.

I suspect you will be one of the first to moan come Feb / March next year if the club listen to selfies like you and put 30%+ increases through again (or even just to the EB1 prices)...

People can debate forever about it but the long and short is its too dear to walk up now.

I haven't had a season ticket for 4 years now but still went regular.

Fancy tomorrow but then just thought about handing over best part of £40 and thought fk it.

It's a shame really.

This attitude is seriously wrong. Why should he have to foot the bill for our enjoyment.

Yes he did say 'I' and not 'we' but what does that matter. If HE wants to spend whatever it takes then HE can charge what he likes.

Such a poor attitude as though you want something for nothing. You all wanted a new score board, new pitch, new players. Everyone has been saying that Milan was good for sticking to FFP. We are still trying to stick to FFP but with investment it needs to be reclaimed somehow.

Milan was losing 5 Million a year. Chansiri is trying to do better than that. Its a business and for you to expect other people to foot the bill for something we all want as a fan base is disgusting and I will gladly see the back of anyone that takes this approach that 'DC should pay not us'

What an idiotic post.

It's more of an issue for Sheffield based fans, or so it would seem. For those of us who have to travel, the ticket price kinda gets lost in what is always an expensive day out. Plus, people in Sheffield will be incurring the cost on a more regular basis, although presumably, if they are attending regularly, then they should consider a season ticket

Edited by gurujuan

What you mean is that you hope they won't put EB 1 season tickets up at double digit percentage next year, haven't you yet grasped that it is this years objections that wil "encourage" the club not to go too agressive with ANY of their increases next year ?.

I suspect you will be one of the first to moan come Feb / March next year if the club listen to selfies like you and put 30%+ increases through again (or even just to the EB1 prices)...

No mate, what I mean is what I wrote.

The club set the EB prices this year. They could have set them at whatever they liked. I think they raised them an amount they believed would keep them affordable. The sales show they got that right.

The club have quite clearly decided to go with a more complex overall ticket strategy that simply put offers best value to those who pay the most, and costs the most for those who pay the least. But also encorporates membership scheme which makes it cheaper the more games fans go to and also offers unprecedented flexibility to alter ticket prices depending how the season pans out.

I happen to agree with the club, and have backed up my reasoning based on looking at data from the last 30 years of ticket sales v price data.

I've already stated what my stance would be if the club priced out a high proportion of EB ST ticket holders, so you don't have to suspect anything, just learn to read. I've also stated why I don't think they will do that, and what I think would happen if they did.

The biggest lesson the club will have learnt from all this is how to communicate and manage PR better. Do you really think next years ST prices are going to be determined by a bunch of people on owlstalk and social media moaning about the POTD price for a single game most of them weren't going to go to anyway? Maybe the fans could help pick the team as well by moaning about players they don't like? That would certainly rule Nuhiu out after the abuse he's had.