Pricing policy is so wrong.

in other words smart arse they are the fans that could have been drawn back but for cost

In reality, it's pretty well-established that cutting ticket prices for football doesn't lead to sustainable higher box office.

What worries me is that the Bristol City game is one I really wanted to go to but I just cant justify the cost of it. So I'm going to go Reading instead. Which is fine but there are two categories above cat b. For me from Cat B upwards the prices are silly and just cant be justfied whilst we're in this league. Those categories arent there for show, they're there to be used at somepoint and say If we play United in the cup, or something along those line, I'm either not going to go or the fact that I've spent £45-£52 is going to play on my mind and ruin the day for me. That takes away something for me, I'm left pushed away from Wednesday for the bigger games. Thats not right. I think the prices could be just about justifyable if the Cat B where the very top of what we'd pay.

Guest hammy1959

I can't understand for the life of me why fans try to justify what the club are charging. ( 8 category's gives the club more flexibility) was one quote I heard. Who cares about the clubs flexibility ? Look we were all really looking forward to the new season but this pricing structure is barmy plain and simple. I'm a s.t. holder but I would rather sit in 25,000 than 17,000 and a season anything less than excellent that's is going to cause just that. I must say I never thought it would reach the stage when a guy who wants to watch Wednesday had to put it on his credit card. Yours faithfully a dinosaur !

I can't understand for the life of me why fans try to justify what the club are charging. ( 8 category's gives the club more flexibility) was one quote I heard. Who cares about the clubs flexibility ? Look we were all really looking forward to the new season but this pricing structure is barmy plain and simple. I'm a s.t. holder but I would rather sit in 25,000 than 17,000 and a season anything less than excellent that's is going to cause just that. I must say I never thought it would reach the stage when a guy who wants to watch Wednesday had to put it on his credit card. Yours faithfully a dinosaur !

If someone can only afford £39 ticket by using a credit card then they probably could not afford last seasons prices either.

And...we all would love for tickets to be set at a reasonable price same as the German model but we know  that isn't going to happen...and we're at Ipswich for our first away match at the same price as last year yet no one batted an eyelid because it's something we've had to put up with for years...the idea that we are happy about it is disingenuous at best and divisive at worst...and a lot of the posters making the most noise are not the ones that turn up regularly

Guest Fedor

I live within walking distance of Bellend Road, I refused to go last year based on price.

Probably wont go this either.

Hypocrite

Guest Fedor

And...we all would love for tickets to be set at a reasonable price same as the German model but we know  that isn't going to happen...and we're at Ipswich for our first away match at the same price as last year yet no one batted an eyelid because it's something we've had to put up with for years...the idea that we are happy about it is disingenuous at best and divisive at worst...and a lot of the posters making the most noise are not the ones that turn up regularly

So the pay on the gaters that this affects then.

how are the sales going for the BC game?

If you go to on online sales and compare Bristol to Reading game you can see that there's been a lot more tickets sold for Bristol game.

More red areas on kop and north meaning low availability. 

We will have sold very few up to now for Reading with it been a while to game.

At these silly prices I'm not expecting a big attendance though, around 21 to 22,000 at most.

At last seasons prices we'd have got somewhere between 26 to 28,000 maybe more with Bristol bringing a couple of thousand more than they will do.

Ps for those people who say tough thats life, remember poverty is not a lifestyle choice following the Owls is

the chairman needs to swallow humble pie and admit he got it grossly wrong.

I am a lucky one with spare money many thousands do not have that choice, I don't   want to see those fans with very little income

being marganalised which is sadly happening. The club needs its supporters if it is to have a long term future.

Edited by Big Jack

Guest Fedor

I really can't believe some are defending it.

We should be sticking together on this. It affects us all. We are being exploited.

Those defending it are part of the problem.

Guest Fedor

Of course they are it's the fans that set the prices...usual divisive claptrap as usual

If the fans agree too it and pay it then the clubs will continue to take the wee wee.

....usual defend the club claptrap from you

Edited by Fedor

If the fans agree too it and pay it then the clubs will continue to take the wee wee.

Excellent...I'm looking forward to your proposal to implement the German model on the football league clubs...if you think that whinging on here will change DC's business plan good luck on that...if we have a winning team our fans will support us in numbers as per and DC will adjust the prices accordingly

Guest Fedor

Excellent...I'm looking forward to your proposal to implement the German model on the football league clubs...if you think that whinging on here will change DC's business plan good luck on that...if we have a winning team our fans will support us in numbers as per and DC will adjust the prices accordingly

Whinging on here

lol

Just because someone has an opinion against the club ( I know this is a concept that is alien to you)

lol

I dont think quoting figures that you posted yourself can be classed as being pedantic?

You picked two figures wildly apart as hyperbole to suit your narrative.

As you state these are "guesses" and not even particularly educated ones.

There maybe some truth that prices will effect attendances, but a swing of 10k in average attendance is just ludicrous.

Even allowing for your poor spelling, are you living on a different planet to everyone else?

If prices don't affect attendances, why not charge £100 per game, then?

We do have a 'massive' fan base.

But we don't have a rich fan base.

We could have averaged 28 - 30k this season. We would have had sell outs.

We would have had the incredible atmospheres that CC craves.

Instead the ground will be less than half full most of the season.

Disgruntled fans sat at home.

It is totally wrong.

This point needs making again and again and I don't apologise for posting another thread about it.

I totally agree (for a change ) lol, and I'm speaking as someone who can afford to get a season ticket at any of the phases (not bragging) but won't pay £39 to watch Wednesday on the kop. My life is too hectic at the moment to warrant a season ticket but I was going to pay on the day but not at £39.