bristol city supporters going to boycott our game

Anybody bothered to check what Bristol City charge away fans?

A mere £34. That's what they are charging away fans the week after our fixture.

I wonder whether that will make national news?

flipping hypocrits.

I'm sure it is was £35 on the 8th nobody would've mentioned it. It's just there's a tipping point which we have passed and we don't have a cracking over hang either sadly

I'm sure it is was £35 on the 8th nobody would've mentioned it. It's just there's a tipping point which we have passed and we don't have a cracking over hang either sadly

Or it's in the news because they've organised an official boycott. Maybe a combination of that and the price, but certainly not just price, otherwise Leeds, Ipswich etc would have been the headline.

Really? Ashton gate is a reyt dump as well

To be fair so is the Lep. But the view they will get from the middle of the top tier of the west is worth £5 more than the view from low down at the side of their stand.

Plus it's the opening game and I do think there is increased appeal because of that.

Also, are the Bristol fans paying the same? Last time we went it cost more than double what their fans paid.

Good on them for having a boycott. £39 is extortionate for championship football. This ticket price fiasco is giving our great club a bad name and its a massive dent in the positive aura that the takeover and recent signings have brought. 

For the Bristol game, and again, you could buy a membership, attend 10 cheap games and you would get the Bristol game for free.........

Although we have no idea how 'cheap' the cheap games will be until the categories are released

If Bristol fans get the coach for £23 what the club are providing its not expensive at all. £63 for an away is about average of what i'd spend.

£63 is cheap for an away game. The biggest factor is nearly always travel and booze, but I reckon average is more like £75

This is some pretty poor boycott planning considering they have said they're not calling for a boycott.

I would have thought the first stage to planning a successful boycott was letting other people know.

Otherwise it's just you not doing something.

I've boycotted sleeping with Amber Heard.

I Heard someone by the name of Geoff is behind this planned protest.  lol  lol

But doesn't basic marketing tell you there's a limit that people will reasonably pay and logic should tell you it isn't £39 minimum for a Championship game

It's all about testing the water, darra.......and a 'gentle' nudge to get supporters to buy a season ticket.

The mood with everything going off at Hillsborough was high, I say was, because the ticket prices have lowered it somewhat.

But the opening game is tradionally well attended, so the £39 is a tester to see how many walk up fans bite.

They will have looked at historical first game attendances, and other stuff involving season tickets etc:).....they will know roughly how many should turn up and will be looking to see how many dont.

It's the 'don't turn ups' that will hold the key to future ticket pricing, if we're losing too much support the tickets will be the lowest cat, but if we're in the top 6 come christmas it will probably change, you'll need to re=morgage your house if we reach the playoffs.

I can understand the business side of the 8 catergories, and the waiting for matchday prices to be announced........but it's pretty poor really.

It's all about testing the water, darra.......and a 'gentle' nudge to get supporters to buy a season ticket.

The mood with everything going off at Hillsborough was high, I say was, because the ticket prices have lowered it somewhat.

But the opening game is tradionally well attended, so the £39 is a tester to see how many walk up fans bite.

They will have looked at historical first game attendances, and other stuff involving season tickets etc:).....they will know roughly how many should turn up and will be looking to see how many dont.

It's the 'don't turn ups' that will hold the key to future ticket pricing, if we're losing too much support the tickets will be the lowest cat, but if we're in the top 6 come christmas it will probably change, you'll need to re=morgage your house if we reach the playoffs.

I can understand the business side of the 8 catergories, and the waiting for matchday prices to be announced........but it's pretty poor really.

I've no doubt about that mate as I said earlier I confidently predict sales of phase 1 season tickets will go through the roof next season. Agree the don't turn ups hold the key to a lot of what happens going into the season

3 things ive just read in this thread

- last time we went to their place we payed more than double what they did (was it £10 vs £22?) - but in this game they pay the same as us

- the week after our game they charge Brentford fans £34 (someone said £35?) for what should be a lower category game anyway.

-  two other clubs will be charging more for away fans than we are on the opening day?

based on that, Maybe the Robins should stay in L1 if they think this opening day fixture deserves a boycott. 

p.s.......they had to make the opening game a high cat, if they'd made it the lowest they wouldn't learn anything.

tbf they would tho, they would have learned the appetite for affordable footy rather than the appetite for expensive footy - or exactly the same thing but at the other end of the spectrum..

my thinking was that they would try and recreate the Wycombe game, say they priced it at £19 and had 35k in to watch a resounding win, maybe a few would come back for the next game(s) even if it was dearer? i dunno. 

Guest Ash76

what if you as some people have said can only get to a couple of games a season membership is not cost effective then?

Think I can confidently predict something though. Sales of phase one season tickets will go through the roof next season lol

If you can only get to 2 games then surely you shouldn't begrudge putting in £78 to the club you supposedly love over a period of 9 months

There's going to be some seriously low gates this season no matter how we're doing. At a good guess I'd say 95% of season tickets sold were at phase one prices, no one in there right mind is going to purchase at phase 3 so it's reasonable to suggest we'll have 13500 season ticket holders. I'd be very surprised if 10,000 pay on the day at current prices.

That's rubbish, I know 4 that have purchased at phase 3 with another 3 to come

At the end of the day our turnover is pretty crap for a club our size, it needs to increase to compete and the only way to do that is from us.

Sadly money has ruined football as I and many others know it........but until the bubble bursts we have to fund the push for the premiership gold.

tbf they would tho, they would have learned the appetite for affordable footy rather than the appetite for expensive footy - or exactly the same thing but at the other end of the spectrum..

my thinking was that they would try and recreate the Wycombe game, say they priced it at £19 and had 35k in to watch a resounding win, maybe a few would come back for the next game(s) even if it was dearer? i dunno. 

But they want you to pay more......a full house at the lowest price wont tell them how much you were willing to pay.

I get the full house and winning bit to encourage future support, but if they can get the full house to pay a tenner more we're about £150k better off, times it by 23 and you're really talking.

Guest AbbeyOwl

I read threads talking about signing Jordan Rhodes, Nugent, Wickham, Hooper, XYS all which would cost millions of pounds, we lose money already and a lot of money has already been spent on the pitch etc. The decay has gone on for decades, the chairman has spent his money and will spend more he is trying to get a contribution at present the maths don't work.

If people supported the club and bought season tickets, these prices wouldn't effect you it effects people who pick and choose games, you have freedom of choice as you pick and choose games maybe you will choose less. Yes I know some people cannot get to every game so cant have a season ticket and for them it is a rough deal but for a lot of people they want so much but want it at the old prices but what they want isn't affordable at the old prices.

Sick of people moaning, simple if you aren't happy don't go, you choose not to go to all the games in anycase otherwise you would have a season ticket