bristol city supporters going to boycott our game

Guest totemowl

Where you seen that about Brentford mate? Arguing with a Bristol City fab and he doesn't believe me lol

Go to the Brentford and Ledds sites and you'll see the away prices for Ashton gate there.

It's not about affording it to some. It's just a ridiculous price for a second division football game. That's it.

I struggle with justifying £30 to myself to be honest, so I'm out for the majority of games. I have a wife and a young kid, and spending over £40 (with travel) on a couple of hours entertainment purely for my own benefit on a regular basis is not something I'm.going to do.

Everyone's different, everyone has different priorities. People should respect that.

And well done to Kivo for sticking to his guns over various threads despite a pack of wolves that seems to be following him around.

this

£35 would probably be acceptable in fact it was the guess of many on here what the price would be set at, £39 is just to much as you say for a division 2 game.

So did they mention that 7 days later at Ashton Gate, for just £5 less the Brentford fans will have the privilege of getting an infinitely worse view to a game with less hype and build up?

Or that Burnley will be paying £37 on the same day to potentially get ambushed and beaten up?

So it was a generic report about the general sad state of what football has become fuelled by the generation of sofa fans who watch Sky?

Or was it one sided lazy journalism on a slow news day?

No, no, maybe, and yes.

Can't help but feel that football, and the Prem in particular, is heading towards a 'tilt' moment.

The music industry is an interesting comparison.

Live gigs used to be a largely loss-making promo device to help sell albums, but nowadays the model has been stood on its head.

Due to TV money, income from ticket sales is shrinking as a proportion of clubs incomes, and that differential is set to continue to widen.

At some point, the penny might drop, and full stadia with superb atmospheres will be viewed as a necessary investment, rather than merely as an additional income stream.

Here's hoping, anyway.

Can't help but feel that football, and the Prem in particular, is heading towards a 'tilt' moment.

The music industry is an interesting comparison.

Live gigs used to be a largely loss-making promo device to help sell albums, but nowadays the model has been stood on its head.

Due to TV money, income from ticket sales is shrinking as a proportion of clubs incomes, and that differential is set to continue to widen.

At some point, the penny might drop, and full stadia with superb atmospheres will be viewed as a necessary investment, rather than merely as an additional income stream.

Here's hoping, anyway.

Agree with this.

The fans (and that means the ones that make an atmosphere, not just the prawn brigade and the corporates) are already part of the show that the TV audience is paying for.

1. Either the TV bubble will burst and the arm chair fans will find something else to do/watch.

2. Or the TV companies will need to do something to make sure the product remains up to scratch.

Failing to do 2 might end up with 1 anyway.

It's clearly unsustainable the way it's going.

Guest totemowl

Just been on Brentford site and I can't see Brizzle tickets on sale?

You're right. I found the Leeds prices at Bristol C. Someone else mentioned Brentford were the same.

Edited by totemowl

Guest Deleted member

Hmmm.

On 20th July at 2.27, S_W_F_C commented "Go and join Bristol's forum and have a love in with them cos us Wednesday fans are bored pooless listening to the same old rubbish"

Exactly 15 minutes later someone posts under my Owlstalk username on a Bristol City forum...

How sad is that?

I just don't understand this, We Wednesdayites usually have to pay a premium price at every game on the road.

Just a little taste of their own medicine, is what I say, ultimately will do us some good.

Bristol City have never visited in numbers but I think this time they will bring a few more, lets see !

Yeah give fans a taste of their own medicine. Because fans set the ticket prices. *slaps forehead*

We need to educate these Bristol City fans into paying these prices. 

They'll get it in time. 

Thats a great idea we could send somebody on here thats incredibly vocal about why these prices are a good thing. Somebody like S_W_F_C... Oh wait. He's already there - pretending to be Kivo

We've had a mare here. 

Sad thing is it'll be our travelling support who'll get punished for these daft prices. 

Exactly - which is why Nevs point was stupid

And well done to Kivo for sticking to his guns over various threads despite a pack of wolves that seems to be following him around.

And continue to do so. Funny that...

We should be the ones boycotting more importantly. The prices are disgraceful and if we dont want to be complaining about them all year and pricing many fans out of matches then we should do something about it right away.

Its fine complaining on here, but the only thing really going to have any effect is action. I wont be going to opening game now which pains me.

Edited by swfc-dan

Thats a great idea we could send somebody on here thats incredibly vocal about why these prices are a good thing. Somebody like S_W_F_C... Oh wait. He's already there - pretending to be Kivo

I challenge you to back up your claim