bristol city supporters going to boycott our game

At the end of the day our turnover is pretty crap for a club our size, it needs to increase to compete and the only way to do that is from us.

Sadly money has ruined football as I and many others know it........but until the bubble bursts we have to fund the push for the premiership gold.

tbh with all the categories in place, i dont think it will end up being too high a figure once you divide the total by 23 games.

i agree with you re: our turnover you make a good point, my thinking behind the £19 ticket wasnt as a general price, (we had a couple of £10 games last season) merely to do an offer especially for the first game, to see how much this takeover has gripped the wider support base... a gimme first game if you like...... then test the water a bit later with folk already onboard (rather than trying to drag them back) 

not saying im right both your posts make perfect sense.... its just the way i would have probably gone.

tbf they would tho, they would have learned the appetite for affordable footy rather than the appetite for expensive footy - or exactly the same thing but at the other end of the spectrum..

my thinking was that they would try and recreate the Wycombe game, say they priced it at £19 and had 35k in to watch a resounding win, maybe a few would come back for the next game(s) even if it was dearer? i dunno.

Think they are trying to recreate the Wycombe game by getting promoted, not by devaluing STs, membership's, setting expectations to fans to wait for offers before they should go...

The only way left to get better value now is to buy a ST, or a membership and go to more games. In the past it was to only go to offer games.

tbh with all the categories in place, i dont think it will end up being too high a figure once you divide the total by 23 games.

i agree with you re: our turnover you make a good point, my thinking behind the £19 ticket wasnt as a general price, (we had a couple of £10 games last season) merely to do an offer especially for the first game, to see how much this takeover has gripped the wider support base... a gimme first game if you like...... then test the water a bit later with folk already onboard (rather than trying to drag them back) 

not saying im right both your posts make perfect sense.... its just the way i would have probably gone.

DC is setting his stall out early, the high price is also to encourage people to buy phase 3 season tickets.

It's all disappointing in a way, mainly for the fact that the money in football nowadays stinks, getting priced out to see your team just increase the stench.

Think they are trying to recreate the Wycombe game by getting promoted, not by devaluing STs, membership's, setting expectations to fans to wait for offers before they should go...

The only way left to get better value now is to buy a ST, or a membership and go to more games. In the past it was to only go to offer games.

I dont think charging £19 for a twice a season offer (compared to £10 last year) is devaluing mine, my 2 lads, yours or anyone's season tickets is it? 

having just stated in an earlier post about the average POTG price over 23 games will prob not end up being too dear, im not moaning about the prices, im merely stating an opinion that i would have done one of the offers for the FIRST game.

I read threads talking about signing Jordan Rhodes, Nugent, Wickham, Hooper, XYS all which would cost millions of pounds, we lose money already and a lot of money has already been spent on the pitch etc. The decay has gone on for decades, the chairman has spent his money and will spend more he is trying to get a contribution at present the maths don't work.

If people supported the club and bought season tickets, these prices wouldn't effect you it effects people who pick and choose games, you have freedom of choice as you pick and choose games maybe you will choose less. Yes I know some people cannot get to every game so cant have a season ticket and for them it is a rough deal but for a lot of people they want so much but want it at the old prices but what they want isn't affordable at the old prices.

Sick of people moaning, simple if you aren't happy don't go, you choose not to go to all the games in anycase otherwise you would have a season ticket

It's not about affording it to some. It's just a ridiculous price for a second division football game. That's it.

I struggle with justifying £30 to myself to be honest, so I'm out for the majority of games. I have a wife and a young kid, and spending over £40 (with travel) on a couple of hours entertainment purely for my own benefit on a regular basis is not something I'm.going to do.

Everyone's different, everyone has different priorities. People should respect that.

And well done to Kivo for sticking to his guns over various threads despite a pack of wolves that seems to be following him around.

I dont think charging £19 for a twice a season offer (compared to £10 last year) is devaluing mine, my 2 lads, yours or anyone's season tickets is it?

having just stated in an earlier post about the average POTG price over 23 games will prob not end up being too dear, im not moaning about the prices, im merely stating an opinion that i would have done one of the offers for the FIRST game.

Depends which way you look at it.

From an existing ST holder's perspective, who wants to go to nearly all the games and is used to going to all the games then overall it isn't.

From a non-season tickets point of view, they know they can just use the offer games to get in cheap (at a lower per match cost than ST holders have paid) and that's IF they even fancy it. It's incentivising only going to offer games and not bothering with the rest. Last season showed by the 2nd offer even that wasn't enough to tempt them anyway.

Edited by nebneeb

tbf they would tho, they would have learned the appetite for affordable footy rather than the appetite for expensive footy - or exactly the same thing but at the other end of the spectrum..

my thinking was that they would try and recreate the Wycombe game, say they priced it at £19 and had 35k in to watch a resounding win, maybe a few would come back for the next game(s) even if it was dearer? i dunno.

No. Its the "do people turn up for certsin fixtures regardless (first game last game boxing day) or is it solely about price or opposition."

I'm not sure what I'm uncomfortable about, the fact ticket prices are high...or that Wednesday fans actually want fellow fams to boycott games, during what has to be the most exciting and optimistic preseasons in a very long time.

Edited by bigdan2003

Depends which way you look at it.

From an existing ST holder's perspective, who wants to go to nearly all the games and is used to going to all the games then overall it isn't.

From a non-season tickets point of view, they know they can just use the offer games to get in cheap (at a lower per match cost than ST holders have paid) and that's IF they even fancy it. It's incentivising only going to offer games and not bothering with the rest. Last season showed by the 2nd offer even that wasn't enough to tempt them anyway.

What difference does it make to you?

I'm not sure what I'm uncomfortable about, the fact ticket prices are high...or that Wednesday fans actually want fellow fams to boycott games, during what has to be the most exciting and optimistic preseasons in a very long time.

Trade union mentallity

Bristol are doing our part time fans a big favour.

Chansiri at a point has to say sod this lets keep it at low categories.

I mean what will he make a game at cat b compared to e..... could be very little when weighing it against all this negative attention.

Guest mkowl

No. Its the "do people turn up for certsin fixtures regardless (first game last game boxing day) or is it solely about price or opposition."

Wednesday fans will turn up for

Sheffield Utd

Big cup game

First home game

Boxing Day

Last home game

Barnsley / Rotherham / Leeds

Ticket offer games

The rest dependent on league position, not on price, opposition and whether its on the TV or not

I give you the evidence of a game v Leicester City early season 1996/97 when a Ritchie Humphreys late goal left us top of the Premier League and there was a "massive" 17k in the stadium. Yes it was a Monday night, yes it was on TV but that attendance speaks volumes

As others will tell you one week in 1983 we had 13k on a Saturday and 49k on the Tuesday. These huge crowd swings are the solution and the problem. The fan base is clearly out there BUT its always been on the fans terms - and those floating fans despite the numerous ticket offers have not become committed fans. Perhaps the analysis of the stats means you have been rumbled - they realise you are never going to change, doesn't really matter what they do, so why bother trying to attract you  

Guest totemowl

I'm sure they'll put that aside when they toddle off down to Bristol and pay £34 for the pleasure.

Another case of self-flagellation.

Meanwhile the Premier League clubs get richer and those in the Championship get poorer.

Guest mkowl

Bristol are doing our part time fans a big favour.

Chansiri at a point has to say sod this lets keep it at low categories.

I mean what will he make a game at cat b compared to e..... could be very little when weighing it against all this negative attention.

He has set the expectation level

I dread to think how much he is subsidising the club this season - it was (per the accounts)£3m to Â£5m a season under MM. We proceeded modestly up the table through grit not style, but the infrastructure was barely touched.

Even with these price rises on day to day operations (and not including transfer fees) let me throw a figure of £10m into the pot. Could be way out either way could be spot on - frankly I don't have a clue. 

However what he is saying is don't expect to get in on the cheap. I am providing you this I expect a minimum contribution.

The last minute price categorisation - well as an Economics graduate and believer in the free market - we have a real live experiment taking place. We are seeing in all walks of life at the moment the end of subsidised living. Will football be the next south sea bubble - you have got to think so at some stage. I know football fans hate these business principles being applied and you know what if enough fans turn something will happen, but they have a captive market and that brand loyalty is exploited to the max

Edited by mkowl

Guest mkowl

Bet there hasn't been this much dismay since they moved the filming of Casualty to Wales

In terms of contribution to football they have given us Jonathan Pearce

In terms of contribution to comedy they have given us Russell Howard

Ok Portishead aren't bad, but most of us just see Bristol has the halfway point to Devon and Cornwall

I'm down in the West Country at the moment.

Our ticket prices just made headline news on the local BBC television station segment during BBC Breakfast News.

So did they mention that 7 days later at Ashton Gate, for just £5 less the Brentford fans will have the privilege of getting an infinitely worse view to a game with less hype and build up?

Or that Burnley will be paying £37 on the same day to potentially get ambushed and beaten up?

So it was a generic report about the general sad state of what football has become fuelled by the generation of sofa fans who watch Sky?

Or was it one sided lazy journalism on a slow news day?

Edited by nebneeb