Random things you remember from hillsborough's past

Guest Gazzaswfc

I will always remember the day some random dog appeared from nowhere mid game lol, it was running around the pitch for what seemed like 20 minutes until it was captured, only for it to reappeared for another run around, it was a proper Benny Hill scene.

Standing on the kop with my mate, taking in the atmoshere and looking at all the pyro's (orange from memory) being set off by the Kaisersloughten (probably spelt wrong) fans, then leaning over to my mate and saying "take a good look at that, we might not see the like again in our lifetime"..

Gawd, how I hope I will be proven wrong, I really expected it to be like that every year...

Guest Gazzaswfc

The smell of a rank fart & no one owning up to it on the kop but there was always somone grinning 💩😷

Playing Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round..." every bloody home game for ages in the late 1980s.

And, 'Baby Hands Up' by Ottowan.

Floodlights!!

How bright everything seemed at night matches

Getting soaked

Naughty boys with bovver boots

Smell of cigars on Boxing Day

Huge metal tea pots

Bus back into town full of steam, smoke, damp and usually disappointment!

Buying a Green'Un on the corner of Angel Street and Castle Street

Guest Theboylangers

Bovril, that place to buy pies in the South, chicken sandwiches that my Gran used to make, Vera on the south next to the dugout.

Getting soaked when it was raining and moving to the back 3 rows on the uncovered on the South for shelter.

Good days.

Guest Gazzaswfc

The fan on the pitch when bannister scored on last day v Norwich .he could show nuhiu how to put that header away v charlton last season lol