Random things you remember from hillsborough's past

Guest Gazzaswfc

The old programme shop next to where the "Hot Pies inside" man stood....Queuin' up post match at the Kiosk in Pond St waiting for the green 'un..

Big Yellow S.U.T tickets....you had the carbon copy one that you had to hand in on the coach...it was always spelled wrongly...

I can remember goin' to Sportsmount, Leighton oryent and summatt like "Tottering Hotspots"..Don't think the lass that copied them out was bothered about football....and was the same person who ran the old electric scoreboard...

Season tickets the size of a duvet..it took 2 of you to rip a leaflet out....unless it rained..then you tore 4 out at once and missed half the fookin' season...

Silk scarves, new and pristine that said "Sheffield Wednesday"..then a week later said " S E L D  W D ..Y" after yer mam had washed it

Guest Theboylangers

Throwing snow balls at pat Jennings . Leaving at half time when being 5 -0 down to everton in fa cup

Was at both of those. Didn't leave early though, I was a sucker for punishment in them days!

The surge on the uncovered Kop

Remember when we got back to the top flight in the 80's. Kop was rammed for all the big games

You walked up 2 steps then suddenly there was a surge and you ended up 5 rows lower than you started

When we scored you spent the next 5 minutes looking for your mates who had just been stood next to you as we all ended up in different places

Ah yes....those were the days, today's youngsters don't know what they are missing

Throwing snow balls at pat Jennings . Leaving at half time when being 5 -0 down to everton in fa cup

That f.ookin' Everton game....thought we had done all the hard work at Goodison...then we just simply didn't turn up...Wasn't madden missing?...and everyone lost their bottle

Guest Swindon on Tour

Tell you what it hurts, really gets that stomach knotted when looking back in 70's and 80's.

You were the big fish in the small pond back then. Always loved it when you came to Town.

Good vocal following......my first ever Swindon game was Wednesday, September 1975 can still see why I fell in love.

Stood in with the Wednesday support that day, a young lad, listening to two sets up fans singing it made an impression so I regard you as friends, you hold some responsibility.

Mind you I could get angry and hate you as you have directed me to many many days, weeks of misery after following Swindon. But seriously football will never be the same, it loses that adventure feeling as you get older.

Taking both my young boys now, following in my steps. Can get some grit in the old boys eyes when looking back.

Top posts these.

Don't matter who you support, we are all the same, just went down a different road.

Respect Wednesday.....thanks as well.

That Everton game was one of only 3 games I've left before the whistle in my 34.5 years of attending , and only then because my dad made us leave.

The other 2, since you don't ask, being the 0-2 at the sty in 1991 and the 1-4 LC game v Wrexham.

Jackie Sinclair sat on Joiceys shoulders mending a hole in the roof of the net in front of the Kop

The Kop scoreboard needing an Enigma machine to decypher it, Grimsby seemed to be it's nemesis, Groisby, Frimsby, 8rimsby were just a few of its attempts

Willie Henderson getting clattered, and being stretchered off, looking like he'd be out for weeks, and then stolling out to come back on a short time later

The Ozzie Owl

Stevie Splash

F**k i'm old

Guest Theboylangers

It's good to have posts like this rather than all the doom people are posting at the minute. Brings back memories of the good times supporting us.

And not so good!

Guest Gazzaswfc

Left early when Chelsea went 4-3 up in cup heard the roar in hillsborough park as zico put pen away ran back & the gate man let me back in to watch extra time

Guest Swindon on Tour

Watching terry curran ripping full backs apart

Terry F'ing Curran.....take that as a compliment.

Match of the Day ......Swindon 0 Wednesday 1.

Remember it well as was in the packed Town End that day......memories, wow if only I had a time machine.

Watching Ian knight get his leg broken by Gary Bennett still one of the worst tackles I've seen in football to this day, I was sat in the north stand and saw it close up sickening.

Did you have some of those opera glasses? It was near the centre circle on the south stand side of the pitch.