Petter Rudi

Had a drink with him in town a couple of times after matches.

Introduced his best mate to us who was over visiting him from Oslo.

He was an ex pro footballer in Norway who had to pack in early coz of injury. Said he was going to try and make a new career as a writer.

Not done bad for himself Jo Nesbo.

Very weird, I've just started reading one of his books.

Harry Hole the p**s artist.

It always wound me up when I read the squad write up that other clubs would give us in their program & Rudi would be described as 'a cultured midfielder' he had next to no impact in most of the games I saw him play.

Then again it was always going to be difficult coming a few seasons after Sheridan, Harkes & Waddle.

Edited by Big Rons Hairspray

Guest Gazzaswfc

He was alright, bit inconsistent but we've had a lot worse.

Maghoma small&beswetherick come to mind to name a few & sedgwick lol

& teale

My point is that Rudi was a talented international player and you weren't impressed. The last 15 years of supporting Wednesday must have been pure hell for you!

he was never going to improve on Waddle and Alexandersson etc so me being unimpressed was valid.

Never said he wasnt a good player BUT he was a step down in quality imo at the time

Anyone remember him and Di Canio storming the entire length of the pitch, playing a series of 1-2 passes with the ball never touching the ground?

Never seen owt like it, before or since.

I remember it well, it really was superb. I also remember him going one on one with a keeper and stopping to wait for someone else to catch up because his nerves had been fried by previous misses in front of the kop.

Guest zico sterland

I liked Rudi but he had hard acts to follow and became a bit of a scapegoat for the crowd . There is no doubt the lad had some talent but seemed to lack confidence .