Carvalhal talks broke down?

There is of course a scenario where Stu walked out on DC, because he had been left with no room to manoeuvre (for any third prong in a trident management committee with any pride). If so how is DC going to get anybody half decent to come along and take the bull that Stu had already said no to?

I bet if CC or anybody of equal (or hopefully higher profile) is still in the picture, the job description is now up to at least revision 4, with all the changes that would have to be made to give a prospect coach/manager/third prong in a management committee some scope to actually influence; the squad content, the picking of the team, the style and the tactics employed or whatever else might be pleasing to a potential head coach.

At least Glenn and co can act as joint caretaker managers until the day that DC finally gets his man. By the way, how many are there now in the current management team?

Chairman: Dejphon Chansiri 
Director: Paul Aldridge

Senior Administrative Staff 
Advisor - Glenn Roeder 
Advisor - Paul Senior 
Advisor - Jonathan Hill 
Vice Chairman - Paul Aldridge 
Chief Operating Officer - Paul Bell 
Finance Director - John Redgate 
Club Secretary - Lindsey Taylor-Higgins 
Director of  Communications - Trevor Braithwait

The above is part of the list of senior staff and directors from the club's website.

Are the three Advisors; Senior, Hill and Roeder, the ones who would take over the head coaches responsibilities, training etc in the absence of a new man?

Are these three involved in the appointment of a new head coach, or is that left to DC or is that left to DC and PA? If they are to work with the new coach, you would expect that they would have some sort of input, but is it an equal input and does DC's personal advisor (the one who recommended that DC should sign Vermijl for instance), have a say too?

It's all a bit too complicated for me. Maybe Strafford should be brought in to help DC simplify things a bit? 

Chairman: Dejphon Chansiri 

Director: Paul Aldridge

Senior Administrative Staff 

Advisor - Glenn Roeder 

Advisor - Paul Senior 

Advisor - Jonathan Hill 

Vice Chairman - Paul Aldridge 

Chief Operating Officer - Paul Bell 

Finance Director - John Redgate 

Club Secretary - Lindsey Taylor-Higgins 

Director of  Communications - Trevor Braithwait

The above is part of the list of senior staff and directors from the club's website.

Are the three Advisors; Senior, Hill and Roeder, the ones who would take over the head coaches responsibilities, training etc in the absence of a new man?

Are these three involved in the appointment of a new head coach, or is that left to DC or is that left to DC and PA? If they are to work with the new coach, you would expect that they would have some sort of input, but is it an equal input and does DC's personal advisor (the one who recommended that DC should sign Vermijl for instance), have a say too?

It's all a bit too complicated for me. Maybe Strafford should be brought in to help DC simplify things a bit?

Ante's dis-establishment arianism

All sounds feasible to me.

Had it always been the plan to ditch Gray, we'd have had someone lined up already.

Seems to me Gray's exit wasn't planned, he possibly didn't like the look of the structure. Pure guesswork like.

Rob Staton calls him

Car Vali Ho

lol

Maybe this is why there hasn't been an announcement yet:

FFS Rob, We've been waiting 5 days to unveil the head coaching team and frankly you're embarrassing yourself. How many more times - It's NOT pronounced Carvaliho, it's Carvalhal, and we aren't going through with any press conference or announcement until you can get his feckin name right you useless tw@t. This is exactly the sort of ineptitude that means we'll never bring in Sam Aluvdick; as you insist on calling the former West Ham supremo!

Just seen on Twitter that apparently talks have broken down with CC and we're gonna be bringing in Allardyce.

Not saying this is gospel but he would be my preference, so hopefully.

twitter, the place to be for accurate sports reports

There's no way Allardyce or any other decent manager would take the Wednesday job and not have full say over which players we sign.

We have no idea Trev who has final say over players only rumour. People seem to be thinking this "committee" is very rigid over it's roles and procedures but I would guess DC can exercise a measure of flexibility if required. He is the man after all. 

It does seem to be taking a long time.  Maybe they don't want it to look like he had been approached before Gray was sacked!

It was only Friday the Gray was sacked. I've said before you couldn't recruit a cleaner that fast.