Carvalhal - YES or NO

Guest Distraught!

Maybe the committee aren't looking for bums-on-seats players/manager and are taking the view that if they put the right system in place to achieve success playing attractive attacking football with low cost players this will attract more bums-on-seats in the long term?

We're going where the sun shines brightly

We're going where the sea is blue

We've seen it in the movies

Now let's see if it's true

A voyage to perfection if I have ever heard one!

(trouble is we'll probably end up in Cleethorpes, not a Pacific atoll inhabited only by nubile naked nymphomaniacs lying with their legs open).

Absolutely spot on in my opinion.

We've now got a group of serial under achievers telling the owner who to pick as head coach. What happens if the new head coach does not last long (as his CV suggests)? Are the committee going to be able to simply give more bad advice while remaining blame free?

Who is advising the owner that Roeder etc are the best people to sit on the committee?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Agree with this and what Kobayoshi said earlier - I can just imagine the conversation

Mr Chansiri: "I looked him on Wikipedia, and my son says his record ain't good..."

Mr Hill: "he has got a point Glenn..."

Roeder: "what's wrong with his record goddamnit - it's almost as good as bloomin' mine!"

Edited by CEOwl

No from me, that doesn't make me narrow minded, or backward looking. 14 coaching roles in 14 years , no experience in England , and more importantly no job for three years! We have a huge squad re building job to do. Too much to do in a short space of time, huge risk.

I am not against a foreign coach at all, but needs better CV,  

think of yourself running a business that needs a serious overhaul...

you're going to inject mega serious capital into that business...

you've started on the infrastructure yourself...

but now you're going to bring in virtually new staff to completely revitalise the business...

would a man with cc's background have been considered, let alone make an interview, and then get the position???

gray going was no shock to me, i'd felt for a while that he was being sidelined, but i had EXPECTED his replacement to be better than him by some distance...

at the moment i'm left wondering IF he's as good as him??? 

think of yourself running a business that needs a serious overhaul...

you're going to inject mega serious capital into that business...

you've started on the infrastructure yourself...

but now you're going to bring in virtually new staff to completely revitalise the business...

would a man with cc's background have been considered, let alone make an interview, and then get the position???

gray going was no shock to me, i'd felt for a while that he was being sidelined, but i had EXPECTED his replacement to be better than him by some distance...

at the moment i'm left wondering IF he's as good as him???

I suppose if you needed to completely overhaul the playing staff then you'd want someone with good contacts.

The thing that is the most disconcerting for me is the fact he averages under one season at each club.

Unless he plans on being here for the long haul I'd say f**k it and not take the risk. There's absolutely no point in bringing him in if we then part ways in January. We need a manager who will get with the committee and try to reach the aim of the Prem in a few years. 

Surely old Dejphon isn't that stupid. 

This (so a no from me)

Absolutely spot on in my opinion.

We've now got a group of serial under achievers telling the owner who to pick as head coach. What happens if the new head coach does not last long (as his CV suggests)? Are the committee going to be able to simply give more bad advice while remaining blame free?

Who is advising the owner that Roeder etc are the best people to sit on the committee?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

it's often thought that committees cost a fortune and fudge everything...

this one is starting to have that look about it...

if this blokes put in charge and players brought in by the committee, how long will he last?

i think we all knew that dc knew little of football in england, but this is starting to look dangerous...

can this appointment get us as high up the table as gray did last term? :stuwinky:

The thing that is the most disconcerting for me is the fact he averages under one season at each club.

Unless he plans on being here for the long haul I'd say f**k it and not take the risk. There's absolutely no point in bringing him in if we then part ways in January. We need a manager who will get with the committee and try to reach the aim of the Prem in a few years. 

Surely old Dejphon isn't that stupid.

Most foreign coaches are not in jobs for the "long term " IF we manage to get promoted then I expect a new coach to progress us further...IF CC doesn't cut it I expect we'll have someone in who does...OR we could just plod along like we have done for the last twenty years...because we know how successful that was

Guest conisbrough

Having slept on this for a few nights only reason I could see to appoint this man is if the one you want is not available and you want interim until he is. Average length of time at a club under 20 matches so doubt he will make it to Christmas.

Guest Distraught!

He's clearly just been interim at several of the clubs he's been at. 

What, like he registered with a temping agency?  :stuwinky:

Just read an artical in the star and for the life of me are can't see what this man as done to replace SG, shocking move if this happens. Its a big no for me.

Supposedly recommended by Jose Mourinho, that'd make anyone's head turn.

Maybe The Special One is anticipating being sacked by Christmas, and what with CC being a short-lived manager, he knows that both he and his dream job for the MASSIVE will be available at the same time...