Wow people turning their noses up at Marshall.

Have a word.

We're not Manchester City.

Some of the idiots on here would turn their noses up at Messi or Ronaldo so I wouldn't worry about it. Not happy unless they're moaning about something.

Ben Marshall:

2014/2015: 42 appearances, 6 goals, 8 assists

2013/2014: 18 appearances, 2 goals, 2 assists

2012/2013: 40 appearances, 4 goals, 10 assists

Average of one goal every 550 minutes (Over a 46 game Championship season that's 7.5 goals)

Average of one assist every 330 minutes (Over a 46 game Championship season that's 12.5 assists)

You'd turn your nose up on someone that averages 20 goals a season as a direct result of their play? (either through assists or goals) Give over you silly sods  gary megson

Ben Marshall:

2014/2015: 42 appearances, 6 goals, 8 assists

2013/2014: 18 appearances, 2 goals, 2 assists

2012/2013: 40 appearances, 4 goals, 10 assists

You'd turn your nose up on someone that averages 20 goals a season as a direct result of their play? (either through assists or goals) Give over you silly sods gary megson

Creative statistics.

How can he average 20 goals & assists a season when he hasn't reached that in any of the 3 seasons you posted above?

Creative statistics.

How can he average 20 goals & assists a season when he hasn't reached that in any of the 3 seasons you posted above?

Probably because he hasn't played all 4140 minutes of a Championship season before- my example assumes that he plays every minute of all 46 games, whereas in reality he a) doesn't play in every game, and b) most probably gets substituted on or off for some of his appearances. Yes, the 20 goals is on an assumption that he plays every minute of the season, but that's just how I worked it. If you want you can do the maths yourself:

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/ben-marshall/88217/

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ben-marshall/profil/spieler/118567

46 x 90 =4140

His minutes on the pitch divided by number of assists and goals gives the numbers I've given above, eg one assist every 330 minutes of game time. 4140/330 is... 

Probably because he hasn't played all 4140 minutes of a Championship season before- my example assumes that he plays every minute of all 46 games, whereas in reality he a) doesn't play in every game, and b) most probably gets substituted on or off for some of his appearances. Yes, the 20 goals is on an assumption that he plays every minute of the season, but that's just how I worked it. If you want you can do the maths yourself:

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/ben-marshall/88217/

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ben-marshall/profil/spieler/118567

46 x 90 =4140

His minutes on the pitch divided by number of assists and goals gives the numbers I've given above, eg one assist every 330 minutes of game time. 4140/330 is...

Franny Jeffers is England's best ever striker if you use that logic. He a managed an average of a goal a game so if he'd have managed 50 caps he would have scored more than Bobby Charlton.

Firstly, I'm not validating the OP's claim as it could well be rubbish, but would it really be an underwhelming signing?

it's not the kind of signing that would boost season tickets sales, but are people seriously expecting a team full of world-beaters?

Should we go back in for a Maghoma-type player?

He's a good, Championship standard winger.

In my opinion we need 3 of those, so if Marshall is the "underwhelming" of the ones we sign then we're in for a good summer.

(Not that I believe this is true)

Franny Jeffers is England's best ever striker if you use that logic. He a managed an average of a goal a game so if he'd have managed 50 caps he would have scored more than Bobby Charlton.

Except he's not saying Marshall is the best winger ever, just that he contributes significantly when compared against his time on the pitch