Guest trusty_left_peg

Marshall would be quality.

We need a really quick winger too

Would provide a nice balance. Helan could provide that for now (much prefer him going forward than defending) but if there's a stronger option out there with legitimate pace then I could get down with that.

Franny Jeffers is England's best ever striker if you use that logic. He a managed an average of a goal a game so if he'd have managed 50 caps he would have scored more than Bobby Charlton.

Except he's not saying Marshall is the best winger ever, just that he contributes significantly when compared against his time on the pitch

Exactly. I'm pointing out that people who would turn their noses up at Ben Marshall are turning their noses up at an established, well regarded Championship winger who statistically has done well over 3 seasons and 90 games, I'm not suggesting he's one of the best players going.

Also, you're building a strawman argument. I would NEVER apply that logic to Jeffers because he only played one international game, anyone could look good like that. I chose to use a statistically significant number of games for a reason- which is why I didn't even just base Marshall's stats off of last season- because I didn't feel 42 games was a large enough number.

So in future mate, don't stick words in my mouth, and don't assume that I don't understand the difference between a statistically significant and insignificant number.

OK Mr Pedantic. 

90 games in three seasons out of a possible 138= 65% of games played

20 goals x 0.65=13 goals directly due to his imput in 30 games, assuming same fitness levels over last three years. Happy now?

Edited by StudentOwl

Franny Jeffers is England's best ever striker if you use that logic. He a managed an average of a goal a game so if he'd have managed 50 caps he would have scored more than Bobby Charlton.

That's actually a brilliant comparison because it's exactly the same