Buxton's comments

So we haven't got the budget to keep him then? Is that what SG is saying in that report?

Hhhmmm maybe we are not as rich as we thought

"Dependent on the budget" could well mean 'if we can afford better then we won't renew your contract'.

We ARE Minted Aren't We!

Guest mkowl

Football always seems to work to its own set of rules. In any other business if someone as a fixed term contract you as the employer would possibly discuss the future ie the February meeting in this case and then when a final decision was made your line manager would probably have the courtesy of informing you.

It is a press story so pinch of salt time but the possibility this was the way it was done would hardly surprise me.

Its like when managers get the sack and my old favourite by mutual consent, which always reads like the chap has been honourable. The bottom line is really i will go but my employment lawyer will be in touch shortly to discuss the settlement.

"Dependent on the budget" could well mean 'if we can afford better then we won't renew your contract'.

We ARE Minted Aren't We!

We've already got Palmer Vermijl and Lee (if he resigns) who can play there, is SG gonna sign another right back? When the defence played so well most of the season? We shall see

I've got an element of sympathy re the way he found out, but the counter argument is that he has been paid hundreds of thousand of £'s over a number of years for either kicking a bag of wind about, or reading the Racing Post in the treatment room.

Guest ben29

We ARE Minted Aren't We!

Exactly. We've had Buxton for the last 5 or 6 years or so. I highly doubt now of all times we can't afford him lol. Edited by ben29

You can tell from the tone that he does not sound neither surprised or offended I doubt very much that he is. Reading too much into this seems like just a badly worded article. It is The Star ...

Guest ka58

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

It doesn't say anything about being disappointed in the way he found out, only that he didn't get a contract.

He is better than vermijil

And Vermijl is probably better than Palmer

Buxton is a cracking player and I don't think his ability would ever be brought into question, the only concern at this stage of his career, with his recent record is how many times a season would we actually get to see it

Buxton would've had a new contract without doubt if consideration was purely based around his ability.

Sadly, his injury record was the reason he was released.

Move on people, I know it takes a while, I've only just recovered from Reda leaving.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

It doesn't say anything about being disappointed in the way he found out, only that he didn't get a contract.

I didn't suggest he was.

I just thought, based on that quote, that if we didn't tell players face to face it's a bit off. Regardless of whether he's bothered