Buxton's comments

http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheffield-wednesday-defender-looks-to-the-future-1-7252120

One comment that caught my eye was that he said he found out by the press release rather than being told face to face. I know he says he had a brief chat in February but that sounds like a poor way to release a long serving player.

Disappointing if that is the case, they should be told by the manager

Edited by Bluesteel

http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheffield-wednesday-defender-looks-to-the-future-1-7252120

One comment that caught my eye was that he said he found out by the press release rather than being told face to face. I know he says he had a brief chat in February but that sounds like a poor way to release a long serving player.

Disappointing if that is the case, they should be told by the manager

Very much doubt that would've been down to SG.

We are about to open the who actually makes the decision and I for one don't want to go there again. This is due to me wanting to have a positive summer. But regardless of who makes the decisions and if is tru he found out via the media the club owes him an apology.

Good luck to him a true pro. Watched him on the pitch at Blackpool after the match on his own doing sprints to the halfway line and many laps of the pitch.would have probably got another year had our budget not increased.

Hmm, doesn't sound like the way Gray seems to operate. Not the full story, perhaps.

That's what I'm thinking, in fact having spoke to players i'd be amazed if Gray didn't say anything.

Could have been a misquote as well.

we are guessing again no one knows how it went down only Buxton and the club , Whatever the true story is the comment bears thinking about whoever did it that way 

Edited by trevdi9

we are guessing again no one knows how it went down only Buxton and the club , Whatever the true story is the comment bears thinking about whoever did it that way 

That doesn't make any sense that Trev about guessing, Buxton is quoted as saying it,(but could be a mis quote like I said) I can't see Grey doing that to him, Stuarts not that type of person, the players respect him for taking the time to talk to them when he doesn't play them!

It's a strange one though. 

Guest shakesby

It's fairly common practice now I think for players to find out that way. Paul Corry definitely did.

He says he was told "it seems unlikely" when he spoke to Gray in February. Then says it was confirmed with the press release on Tuesday. Doesn't say he DIDN'T speak to Gray between the Watford match and before Tuesday? I think there's a journalist trying to stir thinks up. Maybe missing all the facts?

I'm as disappointed as everyone else he's not been offered a new contract. I'll be looking for a new neighbour unless he stays local! Once gave me a signed shirt (promotion season 2012) to auction for charity after asking him in the street. Always got time to talk to me and my daughter when passing. Top bloke.