Buxton's comments

Why are people being so precious over a pro footballer, do you think he gives two shitts about any of yer?

Exactly

He's spent the last few years being paid more a week than most if us earn in six months.

Good luck to him but I'm certainly not going to get all misty eyed about it.

Footballers are the luckiest phookers on the planet.

Exactly

He's spent the last few years being paid more a week than most if us earn in six months.

Good luck to him but I'm certainly not going to get all misty eyed about it.

Footballers are the luckiest phookers on the planet.

There are plenty of footballers who fit that bill but there are also footballers like Buxton who give something back through attitude and aptitude. Buxton was forever grateful to the club and fans, even in his exit speech he spoke highly of the fans.

Seems along with the likes of Semedo, Lavery and Maguire his name appears more on visits to the club shop to meet fans and events along those lines. His commitment on the pitch was there to be seen. He was an all round top pro for SWFC.

Buxton new what he meant to SWFC and I think he tried to give a bit back.

Respect where it's due that's all that's being said.

There are plenty of footballers who fit that bill but there are also footballers like Buxton who give something back through attitude and aptitude. Buxton was forever grateful to the club and fans, even in his exit speech he spoke highly of the fans.

Seems along with the likes of Semedo, Lavery and Maguire his name appears more on visits to the club shop to meet fans and events along those lines. His commitment on the pitch was there to be seen. He was an all round top pro for SWFC.

Buxton new what he meant to SWFC and I think he tried to give a bit back.

Respect where it's due that's all that's being said.

You do know that the players are contractually obliged to do public appearances don't yer?

Guest ka58

another one missing the point. I have no issue with Gray or the owners, but it's common decency to tell someone face to face if you're effectively making them redundant. Telling them months before that they might not have a job isn't the same.

Yawn

Do you think every post is a direct reply to you?

Guest ka58

Get lost.

this club needs more people with Lewis Buxtons attitude.

Top pro.

Where did I say anything to the contrary?

Guest wilyfox

Funny how some people immediately believe Buxton's insinuations. So far, Gray has conducted himself with the utmost integrity.

I think Gray set a precedence letting Reda go; two injury plagued seasons on the bounce and that's your lot. Buxton and Zayatte have fallen foul of that this time - as will Hutch next year if he can't sort his body out. I think it's a good thing. Injury can strike any time, but recurring themes must be dealt with, I suppose.

Probably would have got more games from Buxton than Hutch

Unless its a fitness issue I think he was still our best RB and the best crosser at the club.  I'm happy to start with Palmer, but far from convinced about Vermihl, who looks ok going forward but defensively looks shakey and has cost us goals. I would rate him on a par with Mattock.