Buxton's comments

Bit worrying if we don't have the budget to keep players like Buxton as back up. I had assumed it was a measure of how high we'd be aiming, but perhaps not.

Maybe we're signing someone better and the others will be the backup for the position?

Guest ka58

Injury prone 30 something right back informed of likely release months ago SHOCKER - hold the back page.....and its grays fault.....or the new owners......or its a complete nothing event about poor Lewis's feelings being hurt....yawn.

Injury prone 30 something right back informed of likely release months ago SHOCKER - hold the back page.....and its grays fault.....or the new owners......or its a complete nothing event about poor Lewis's feelings being hurt....yawn.

Get lost.

this club needs more people with Lewis Buxtons attitude.

Top pro.

2012/13 44apps

2013/14 20apps

2014/15 10apps

I agree he's been on a decline but with my head and not heart I would have given him another year. I'd have given him a rocket up his arse about his fitness.

The worry thing for me is we still chose to play him when fit ahead of vermjil.

A fantastic pro for us and an honest lad to match. Will be missed.

Some people are showing a lack of respect to Lewis and what he did and achieved at Hillsboro.

He got paid, he dint lake for nowt

another one missing the point. I have no issue with Gray or the owners, but it's common decency to tell someone face to face if you're effectively making them redundant. Telling them months before that they might not have a job isn't the same.

Yawn

another one missing the point. I have no issue with Gray or the owners, but it's common decency to tell someone face to face if you're effectively making them redundant. Telling them months before that they might not have a job isn't the same.

Yawn

He knew his contract was up this close season as we all did, and that he was even 'tipped off' (face to face) by Gray months before that there was unlikely to be a new contract offered was no doubt more than many bosses would do; infact, it's a huge courtesy towards Buxton that he did this at all.

Trouble is we ha e two other right backs so he was obviously going to go due to his injuries. The only problem is Liam Palmer is light years off being a top end right back in this league. He doesn't get over the half way line and buxtons 2 assists in 2 games puts him to shame. Vermijl looks a carbon copy of Palmer although I'm not going to write him off just yet

I agree with the no sentiment in football but the release of our longest serving current player surely has to be handled a little more graciously?!

Players like McCabe, Corry and Madine I could quite understand but not Buxton. Hope there's a perfectly legitimate explanation behind it.

Good luck Bucko.