wishlist of signings this summer

I wouldn't take McLean simply because I know quite a few who really dislike him and have said they wouldn't support a team with him in it. I know football fans are fickle and they also exaggerate but he'd have to come here and hit the ground running otherwise he could quickly become another for the boo boys.

Would it be worth the risk of splitting the fan base in a season where we want to be pushing on together? (the word I was looking for their was united but ... you know :biggrin: )

Yes it would be worth it as hopefully the sectarian simpletons would do one if they were so appalled by his signing.

I'd love us to get Rudy Austin from Leeds. Him and McGugan....formidable

Not a bad shout. Although personally, I'd love for us to be one of the clubs interested in signing Massimo Luongo.

I know Luongo would probably cost more but in the long run he'd be a better signing. He's a proven international player and a younger box to box version of Austin or Semedo.

Whoever signs him, will be signing a top talent and one of the best players outside of the top flight. He looks class to me and a player who will get even better in time too.

I actually think Harry Maguire would be 10 times the player for us than he ever was for United.

Perfect replacement for an ageing Loovens....

I'd rather have a 51 year old Nigel Pearson at the back than a former blade though

To be fair, Maguire may be a former blade but he loves Wednesday

Edited by Beholder

Mike Williamson on a free from Newcastle. Terrific business. Add Mcgugan, devante Cole(loan), Chris wood, Paterson or knockaert and we're almost there.

Mike Williamson's still got a year on his contract, but I'd imagine we could still get him on the cheap. Unless of course he wants out, you'll probably know more about me on that one!

Mcgugan

McLean

Knockheart

Luke Ayling

Jay Emmanuel Thomas

Craig noone

Grabbon

Chris Brown

Offload including out of contract

Nuhio

Coke

Maghoma

Mattock

Madine

Kirkland

Kehlar

Corry

McCabe

Chris Brown?! 😳

Guest TommyTank

Rudolph Austin, not a bad shout, I do like his attitude.

Knowing Leeds they will probably give us him for nothing :biggrin: .

Harry Maguire, no thanks, we cant go from Loovens and Lees on a shocking pitch to a CB like Maguire, we need footballing CBs.

I am really impressed with Danny Batths development so if we do want a more physical CB then he would be my choice and he's at a good age. Would be a difficult one to get in though.

I expect that too pal they're all gambles then though aren't they? Bus and Melo included we can't have too many gambles

i agree mate; i would like to see us buy "sure things" (as much as any player can be that) at Championship level; i.e. domestic based players who are familiar with the league or even excel in it

but they come at such a premium

given FFP, even if we now have £x's more to spend because of the new owner, we literally can't spend it because we have not developed the revenue streams to spend so (much like Nottingham Forest)

i think all i am saying is that our limited £x's will go further abroad than they would domestically.

would love it if i turn out to be wrong though and the names suggested are viable.

Edited by BC1867

Not a wish list but perhaps some who we may be able to get that Id be happy with.

Mcgugan

Wood

Marshall

Connor goldson - Young centre half who rejected the overtures of premier reserve teams to stay at Shrewsbury and continue developing. Last year of contract next year and would be a good understudy to lees and loovens.

Other than that I think we need someone quick and powerful to replace antonio but I cant think of anyone who wouldnt cost too much. Probably looking at a loan