the good old days..is it just me then?

Guest bagelybear

1. All FA Cup games kick off at 3pm on a Saturday with draw for next round following immediately after

2. Ban penalty shootouts go back to unlimited replays at neutral venues like the epic Arsenal tie in '79

3. Ban live matches except for Cup Finals and Internationals

4. Bring back standing

5. Teams only to wear change strip when there is a genuine colour clash

6. Only two substitutes on the bench

7. Get rid of the stupid transfer window

8. Limit the number of foreign players per team to give the young local lads a chance

9. Get the refs to apply the laws on ungentlemanly conduct properly especially in relation to players swearing at or jostling refs and diving, they are all forms of cheating.

That'll do for starters

1. All FA Cup games kick off at 3pm on a Saturday with draw for next round following immediately after

2. Ban penalty shootouts go back to unlimited replays at neutral venues like the epic Arsenal tie in '79

3. Ban live matches except for Cup Finals and Internationals

4. Bring back standing

5. Teams only to wear change strip when there is a genuine colour clash

6. Only two substitutes on the bench

7. Get rid of the stupid transfer window

8. Limit the number of foreign players per team to give the young local lads a chance

9. Get the refs to apply the laws on ungentlemanly conduct properly especially in relation to players swearing at or jostling refs and diving, they are all forms of cheating.

That'll do for starters

Agree with most of this, although i dont see hoe banning live matches makes anything better , love watching Champs League/FA Cup/Europa League when its on, better than watching Corrie or any of that poo , coming from a time after the end of unlimited replays i dont really see the point in this at all, could end up trapsing all around the place until the tie is decided.

Also dont get how teams were ever allowed 1/2 substitutes, makes absolute no sense to me at all. Also the transfer window system makes sense enough to me , before players could be transfered wherever until March 31st apparently, nowadays there'd be playerd flying all over the show.

Apart from that, Bring Back Safe-Standing , cap amount of foreign players and FA Cup at 3pm

Um the good old days when attendances dropped, hooliganism was rife and you got wet through on an uncovered terrace and football on tv was hastily put together highlights on a weekday night conveniently squeezed in at 11.40pm after some greyhound racing

Cant beat the  soakings on freezing cold nights on open terraces at places like Plough Lane , The Dell and Stamford Bridge back in the 70`s and 80`s . Proper football experience . Its what the game is all about. 

None of this all seater rubbish in stadiums where all the stands have roofs , none of that corporate prawn sandwich brigade .

Yes, give me back the old days of football.   

Cant beat the soakings on freezing cold nights on open terraces at places like Plough Lane , The Dell and Stamford Bridge back in the 70`s and 80`s . Proper football experience . Its what the game is all about.

None of this all seater rubbish in stadiums where all the stands have roofs , none of that corporate prawn sandwich brigade .

Yes, give me back the old days of football.

Spot on pal been stood on the Kop with my dad, grandad and the rest of the family was what it was all about didn't matter what the weather was like

Bring back the maximum wage. Set it at a level that bears some resemblance to what fans earn. It was always a working class sport, paying ordinary players £50,000 pw and top stars £250,000 pw. is distorting the whole structure of the sport.

Ticket prices are too high.

We are bringing in too many foreign players to the detriment of our own.

Sky sport is ruling the game.

Get rid of the corrupt FIFA.

Leather balls with laces.

Boots with studs nailed in.

Pushing the goalkeeper into the goal being considered 'part of the game'.

Players with names like 'Grummitt' and 'Ruddlesdin'.

Millwall away being a time to fear getting a dart in the head.