the good old days..is it just me then?

Guest bagelybear

Don't have the Fa cup semi finals at Wembley earn the right to get there in the final.

If I remember right, wasn't it Wednesday v United fans insisting on playing at Wembley instead of Elland Road that started all this as Arsenal had their semi at Wembley?

1. Let all the top teams join a super league, man c, Man U, chelsea, arsenal. Make the Premier League interesting with players who actually want to win the league instead of players who only know chelsea for paying big money.

2. Fixed matchday prices depending on the division you play, so everyone has to pay the same to watch any championship match none of this Leeds cost £38 and Wigan cost £10. Just one fair price home or away.

3. International managers, personally don't agree with foreign managers for your country, should be the best of one country against others from tea lady to manager they should all be of the same nationality.

I know the OP is looking at the past, some aspects need changing though. 

Video referees like they have in rugby.

Straight red card for diving. 

It's not always black and white when calling a dive though, some are very hard to judge and requires a second viewing which the referee doesn't get. An example was a game for us recently (might have been Blackburn?) right in front of the kop. It blatantly looked like a dive to me and fans around me and referee didn't give anything either so called the same (although no card like usual), yet looking back at replays it appears that our player did actually clip him.

It can easily happen the other way around, sometimes penalties looked nailed on but at a second viewing they dived. At least with a yellow the referee has a bit of margin for error, there does need to be more consistency though

Back on topic, 3pm KOs definitely!

Standing on the Kop was wonderful. 4 of us had season tickets - me, my Dad, his mate and his mate's son. Then any members of our two families, plus friends, would join us any time. There could be from 4 to about 20 of us stood together. These days if we all go to the game we are sat all over the place. So, this.

Ban Sky Sports

Clamp down on cheating

Mobile phones/pads banned from the ground so you have to wait until the Green 'un comes to your local newsagent at seven o'clock to check the results and league tables.

Half of the squad to have been born with ten miles of the ground and made to travel to the match on the tram with the supporters.

Billiard table pitches to be banned and matches to be played on pitches like Blackpools and no postponing matches because of a bit of snow and ice, just get on with it yer big set of Jessies.

Pitch invasions after a goal to be reintroduced, providing the invaders are wearing parkas (Like after the Ronnie Radford goal at Hereford).