Stevie May, a let down this season?

Guest CoryBailey96

Needs at least another season before he is written off.

Goal scoring has been a problem in all departments, all season.

I think even some of the best strikers in this division would have struggled at times within the current set up, let alone a kid from the SPL.

put him in a top 5 side & he would have scored double his tally imo.

even though he's missed his chances he's asked to defend from the front,drift out wide/deep for the ball. some blame can go down to tactics.

he should be playing on the shoulder of the last man.

Yeah would wonder how many Jordan Rhodes would score in our current team? Probably more than stevie but don't know if he'd score loads more as the supply to our strikers has been pi$$ poor all season

At the start of the season I would have said, yes.

Now? I think some of the attacking players need to take some responsibility and stop hiding behind this so called 'lack of creativtiy' thing. We have chances in matches it's time to take them.

He deserves another season - think there is enough talent to do ok at this level and with a decent midfiekd that can create chances he should get goals.

He is lacking a bit of confidence at the moment and deserves a run in the side.

I think a lot will depend on how Bus gets on ..it will be either one or the other I think to start next season, alongside Nuhiu/Keane/another

Save this debate for the end of next season - should have a better idea then

Edited by Owlsofrustration

Bloke is 22, scored 1 goal every 5 games while having awful supply to him throughout all of the season. Add on to that that he's adapting to a more difficult league as a result of moving from Scotland, and cost relatively cheaply for a 21 year old making appearances for his National Team... I think he's done pretty much exactly as would be (or should have been) expected at the start of the season.

Next season will tell whether he was a bad signing or not

We've not seen the best of him yet but I'm certain it will come. Personally i think we would regret it if we sold him. He's a proven goal scorer and he will eventually come good.

I seem to remember us having a certain Grant Holt and got rid, and look what happened later!

I think that if we are to push for playoffs next season then we should loan him out for a bit of experience to make room for any new strikers that we might bring in.

But I definitely think we should give him longer though. I think he has a lot of potential but he just needs to get use to the English game and mature a bit imo.

I like him.

A lot.

Think he's been an immensely positive contribution to the team even though the goals haven't flowed yet.

It'd be very silly to write him off at his age and point in his career with us. If it's assumed we're going to heavily strengthen in the summer, I think May deserves a chance to play amongst those better players.