JORDAN RHODES TO SIGN IN 12 MILLION POUND DEAL

I don't for one minute believe we shall be paying £12m for anybody. However we only spent little fees on Bus and Vernijl and wouldn't fork out for McGugan, so what's the difference between then and now.

Why would they fork out before ratification?  Think the fact funds were provided before that was a statement of intent, no recompense if FL said NO

I don't for one minute believe we shall be paying £12m for anybody. However we only spent little fees on Bus and Vernijl and wouldn't fork out for McGugan, so what's the difference between then and now.

The takeover wasn't completed then, it's January and a lot of the bigger moves are made in the summer, we were destined for mid table anyway and the new owners were unlikely (rightly so) to give Gray million £ war chest to spunk near the end of January. 

So you don't reckon there's anything in this one then

If May will be moved on in the summer it won't be because we've spent 12 mill on Rhodes.

He might due which ever strikers we do bring in, but not because of Rhodes.

Why would they fork out before ratification? Think the fact funds were provided before that was a statement of intent, no recompense if FL said NO

I get what your saying. I'd have just thought they'd have maybe forked on some big loans and said wait till the summer. Now we have this Bus and if he is still looking for a forward I find it strange we even signed him that's all.

Guest wilyfox

Milan needs to step in with counsel for Chansiri. He must learn you start at 350k and work your way up, wearing out three fax machines in the process, and never exceed 800k.

The takeover wasn't completed then, it's January and a lot of the bigger moves are made in the summer, we were destined for mid table anyway and the new owners were unlikely (rightly so) to give Gray million £ war chest to spunk near the end of January.

Exactly, it's obvious they gave the club £1 million in Jan to help strengthen the squad for a "promotion push" (reality - to ensure the club stays in the league) so that when the takeover was completed they would still be owning a championship club. What they spent in Jan has no meaning to what they may be planning on spending in the summer.

I get what your saying. I'd have just thought they'd have maybe forked on some big loans and said wait till the summer. Now we have this Bus and if he is still looking for a forward I find it strange we even signed him that's all.

I honestly think we're all behaving like scorned women, after 15 years of absolute dross.  We all rose to Milan saving the club and yet this new guy comes in says the pitch will be sorted, we get a new telly, spends 37.5 million to buy us, I just cant see how we will be shopping in ASDA or LIDL now.  Thats not arrogance, just the fact that it doesnt make sense for someone with NO background in football to come in and spend that amount without carrying it through.  We as fans have a duty to back him, show him the love that we did Milan for saving us and show that we will turn up in numbers.  We are hurt/scorned, which is why we are waiting to see who he signs etc, I don't see this in Mt Chansiri, he's deadly serious about where he wants to be.