JORDAN RHODES TO SIGN IN 12 MILLION POUND DEAL

People actually get paid to write these articles, well...paragraphs. Like someone else said I'd be terrified of us spending that kind of money. Seems a lot as well even for Rhodes

£12 million was the amount Hull offered in the summer when he turned them down. I think Rovers have killed some of his value by dropping him this year but not sure by how much. Don't think Blackburn can afford to keep him on current wages and they aren't in a great negotiating position what with their transfer embargo.

Might be that he's available for a relative bargain.

Edited by Random Task

As much as I'd love to see Rhodes in a Wednesday shirt I think if we were to spend crazy money (Which I doubt) I'd rather spend £6 Million for Connor Wickham, £4 million on Sako (Wolves) and £2 Million on Knockheart (Liecester).

I heard last week our transfer budget for the summer was £10m. No idea if this was wages and/or transfer fees.

My best guess is that our transfer activity will consist of a few top drawer loan signings, and a marquee signing to confirm intent. One concern I've got is Chansiri's lack of knowledge of football. I'd imagine we have dozens of foreign agents hovering at the minute, trying to offload Jonny Kickaball in an 'exclusive deal'.

Paul Aldridge is integral to our success next season, and it would be him that I'd tie down to a long term deal ahead of most of the players.

As much as I'd love to see Rhodes in a Wednesday shirt I think if we were to spend crazy money (Which I doubt) I'd rather spend £6 Million for Connor Wickham, £4 million on Sako (Wolves) and £2 Million on Knockheart (Liecester).

That's more like the sort of thing provided the valuations are correct.

I heard last week our transfer budget for the summer was £10m. No idea if this was wages and/or transfer fees.

My best guess is that our transfer activity will consist of a few top drawer loan signings, and a marquee signing to confirm intent. One concern I've got is Chansiri's lack of knowledge of football. I'd imagine we have dozens of foreign agents hovering at the minute, trying to offload Jonny Kickaball in an 'exclusive deal'.

Paul Aldridge is integral to our success next season, and it would be him that I'd tie down to a long term deal ahead of most of the players.

I knew somebody had said it. And if you were told "our transfer budget is..." Then that would say to me that fees for transfers can go up to that. It would eat away a fair bit if it included wages. Could still be doable though.

If we are shopping in this market, we ought to have a look at McCormack at Fulham. They will never get that £11m back, but a cheeky bid might tempt them to cut their losses. I'd also be interested in Matt Smith, who is very underrated, and would be an excellent fit in a decent Championship squad.

Another one worth considering is Peter Crouch. Not sure what his contract situation is, but he would do a great job for a couple of years.