Ryan Giggs

What has Ryan Giggs done - as a coach/manager - to suggest in anyway shape or form he would be cut out for managing us?

Sitting like a confused gimp next to Louis Van Gaal doesn't count. 

What has Ryan Giggs done - as a coach/manager - to suggest in anyway shape or form he would be cut out for managing us?

Sitting like a confused gimp next to Louis Van Gaal doesn't count.

He's famous.

Maybe people just need to buy OK magazine or something.

A manager has to be a smart cookie. You look at the top managers, they all seem to be that little bit wiser.

That's why I think Stuart Pearce always gets found out.

Is Giggs a smart cookie? He got caught banging his brothers missus!

Have you seen his brothers missus? I'd call him smart for banging her.

you find that in cricket too...

the better coaches are often mr average player, as opposed to the outstandingly brilliant individual...

the likes of viv richards could light a cig, leave it burning in the ash tray, go out and hit 100 and get back for the last drag on the cig...

and couldn't understand when others couldn't...

very few english top end footballers make the management grade (one reason is, generally their dumplings, and dumplings with too much money)...

football management is now becoming more about management than football...

put a top drawer manager in, with a great team underneath him, and...

clough and taylor were way better than either one was on their own...

Tis true.

I suppose if you've been a top player and then follow on into management, the players you manage are inferior to what you were as a player so getting your ideas  across to them would in most cases go straight over their heads, they would be, ability wise, lost as too what the manager wants from them.

Golf is another sport where you get inferior ex pro's coaching the top pro's, I think a lot of it is about how you get the message across, some are good with people and have a way of being able to get their points across and some unfortunatly don't.

I never said crap, just not that good. He won't see Saints kick on next year, but this is a great season for them btw, just won't be repeated. Core of the team is Pocettinos isn't it?

Not really, it's probably more like half Koeman now, GK, LB, CB, RM, LM, AT positions all filled by Koeman. they are currently going through a dip and not scoring goals but they're still doing better this season than last, despite losing not far off half their first 11.

The appointment of manager is way more important than ANY player signing

To give a managerial role to someone with no experience is utter madness

I swear some of you would give Noddy Holder a go at it ffs

TBF, he could certainly belt out the touchline instructions.

Guest sotonowl

why would anyone want to get rid of SG for giggs?

what would giggs bring?

why all the talk about new managers?

we have a good manager, leave him alone

Unfortunately due to being a season ticket holder I have no option but to leave Skeg every so often, And what is wrong with asking the question? 

I am not saying SG should go, that isn't anyone's choice but the chairmans, However as has been pointed out he wants to crack Asia and to do that with a world famous face as a manager cant hurt can it?

if he sacks gray then fair enough its is club and he can do what he feels is best but if he was to do it just to get a famous face

to "crack asia" then i think we could be in big trouble .

He'll be in charge come August.

Giggs will be in charge of Cardiff City in the summer not us. He's nailed on for the Cardiff job once Russell Slade is axed.

Has I said earlier on, he was born in Cardiff and he's talked up wanting to play for them or managing them, it's a good bet he'll end up there.

I remember Waddle taking the absolute p1ss out of Giggs.   Beating him once, going back for seconds, giggs on his backside, Waddle beating him again etc.   

I don't really think Giggs has the appetite having been at the top of the tree for so long, it needs the thrill of the chase to become a manager of any decent attributes.

Bryan Robson is arguably the best England midfielder in the last 35 years and used to win games almost single-handedly for Man Utd - what a great manager he wasn't.

There is the mystery of him talking us up in Thailand so maybe he is being lined up. Like others, he did ok at Boro for a while and as a player he did seem to have some respect for Wednesday. League cup win probably helped but he was even tipping us to win the league in Shoot's predictions for 1994 or thereabouts. Then again, we did have Sheridan Waddle Hirst Nilsson ........

Tis true.

I suppose if you've been a top player and then follow on into management, the players you manage are inferior to what you were as a player so getting your ideas  across to them would in most cases go straight over their heads, they would be, ability wise, lost as too what the manager wants from them.

Golf is another sport where you get inferior ex pro's coaching the top pro's, I think a lot of it is about how you get the message across, some are good with people and have a way of being able to get their points across and some unfortunatly don't.

remember some dingle fans telling me many years ago of a speedster they had who had pace to burn...

they spent weeks in training learning him to stay just onside and go when the ball was played...

time and time again, he was either way offside, or a mile behind the ball...

he just hadn't the capacity to mentally work it out...

in the end they gave him a handful of change to go and play on the space invaders, whilst the rest of the team practiced...

Although he was at Man Utd for yonks, does anyone know if Gigg's coaching qualifications are up to much or is he just starting out on that path?[/quote
Although he was at Man Utd for yonks, does anyone know if Gigg's coaching qualifications are up to much or is he just starting out on that path?

Good point, getting his coaching badges could be a struggle for the multi millionaire man Utd coach.