Chansiri Latest Interview

Surely a better pitch will enable other teams to play better as well?

The pitch hasn't been the deciding factor on why we have not reached the playoffs this season.

The reason for that is a lack of ability.

Doesn't matter if the new pitch makes us worse. Bottom line is that our pitch is utterly embarrassing and isn't fit for football at this standard.

Doesn't matter if the new pitch makes us worse. Bottom line is that our pitch is utterly embarrassing and isn't fit for football at this standard.

seriously. you'd rather be embarrassed by losing more than embarrassed by our current pitch? crazy

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

vulva, on 05 Mar 2015 - 7:33 PM, said:snapback.png

Surely a better pitch will enable other teams to play better as well?

The pitch hasn't been the deciding factor on why we have not reached the playoffs this season. 

The reason for that is a lack of ability.

the reason we havent made the play offs is cos of ability your right.

but its fair to say the pitch hampers us more than the opposition. fatigue and lack of confidence from playing every other game on it, rather than once a season is a big thing IMO.   

would anyone on ere feel confident of consistently controlling the ball on that pitch? or putting continuous good deliverys in?

i think not, cos tbh its worse than a lot of park pitches ive played on this season, its dragging all the players down a level - its fair to say none of our lads will be looking forward to home matches much! 

we still try get it down an play - at times, but it all takes an age dunt it cos the surface slows the game down big time... 

roll on next season, for the fans as a spectacle but also for the players to build a way of playing at home, and build confidence too.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

A million is a great sound bite. Desso sports are Dutch so maybe a million euros sounds more likely a price as thats what seems to be the going rate.

Still fantastic though. Great long term investment. As is giant screen. Got to love the man his family and his sons enthusiasm.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Also meant to say he is very careful with words, it was very clear to me the way he offered his support to SG "today" gave me the impression either it was a message to SG that things need to improve or that he has someone else in mind.

Often more to statements than is first apparent.

Also meant to say he is very careful with words, it was very clear to me the way he offered his support to SG "today" gave me the impression either it was a message to SG that things need to improve or that he has someone else in mind.

That was my first thought while reading the tweets too, but after hearing it spoken live I'm not sure it was meant to come out like that. Don't forget this was all interpreted from another language as well, I think it was just unfortunate wording.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

That was my first thought while reading the tweets too, but after hearing it spoken live I'm not sure it was meant to come out like that. Don't forget this was all interpreted from another language as well, I think it was just unfortunate wording.

Yep maybe. Just having worked with far east businesses / businessmen i know how careful their "words" are composed.

Anyway time will tell.

Very exciting times for us and at my age I sometimes wondered if i'd ever see us get back to where we belong.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

I am such a miserable, pessimistic tvvat. Still fully expect this to be a terrible Venkys / Vincent Tan hybrid.

In life you've got 2 choices

Optimist

Or

Pessimist

I'm an optimist and absolutely buzzing my paps off !

It's s great feeling just try it for a day !

A million is a great sound bite. Desso sports are Dutch so maybe a million euros sounds more likely a price as thats what seems to be the going rate.

It's not just the pitch that's being replaced, what's underneath is as much of the problem as covered previously, you don't spend a million euros on the pitch to lay over the crappy underneath knowing it'll destroy the pitch again pretty soon.

Still fantastic though. Great long term investment. As is giant screen. Got to love the man his family and his sons enthusiasm.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Only 5 days before the subtle undermining begins.