Chansiri Latest Interview

Villa would cost at least £100 million just to buy, and that's probably the cheapest any PL club would be considering the amount of money those clubs can earn these days. I've always thought for years why doesn't a shrewd businessman instead of buying a PL club for £100-200 million+ just buy Sheffield Wednesday for £30-40 million, spend £10 million on improving the stadium to be a 50k seater and £20 million on players, then they would most likely own a huge football club and only for £70million. It looks like Mr Chansiri is that shrewd businessman i hoped would take a chance on us

And give yourself the huge headache of getting promoted from the Championship? I can understand someone who doesn't know this league thinking it will be easy but Villa would be a much safer option, already well established in Prem and need much less spent on the squad. Not all that shrewd imo, not that I'm complaining!

And give yourself the huge headache of getting promoted from the Championship? I can understand someone who doesn't know this league thinking it will be easy but Villa would be a much safer option, already well established in Prem and need much less spent on the squad. Not all that shrewd imo, not that I'm complaining!

Hmm I'm guessing you're not a businessman! They make their living taking gambles on projects in order to turn them into profit. Ask Lerner how much profit he's going to make because he bought a PL club.. i wonder how many deals Lord sugar didn't do because they would be a "headache" 😛

Hmm I'm guessing you're not a businessman! They make their living taking gambles on projects in order to turn them into profit. Ask Lerner how much profit he's going to make because he bought a PL club.. i wonder how many deals Lord sugar didn't do because they would be a "headache"

hmm i'm guessing you're a bit of a patronising tw@t?

it's all about risk/reward, the rewards are the same, we were not talking about profit, we were talking about an exposure for your brand

Villa would cost at least £100 million just to buy, and that's probably the cheapest any PL club would be considering the amount of money those clubs can earn these days. I've always thought for years why doesn't a shrewd businessman instead of buying a PL club for £100-200 million+ just buy Sheffield Wednesday for £30-40 million, spend £10 million on improving the stadium to be a 50k seater and £20 million on players, then they would most likely own a huge football club and only for £70million. It looks like Mr Chansiri is that shrewd businessman i hoped would take a chance on us

Funny feeling you're wrong on the £100 million Southie, the new TV deal dwarfs that with the parachute payments even if they go down !

Lerner wants out now and is willing to accept £100m apparently, but then the press think we want to sign Rhodes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11125696/Randy-Lerner-ready-to-cut-his-losses-with-100m-Aston-Villa-sale.html

I'm sure we do want to sign Rhodes... Whether or not we can afford to however is a different question.

Guest Ian Fullwood

Been supporting wednesday for 30 years.Fantastic we have been bought...by a fishing company(over fished seas and all)

Why is it so hard to be a wednesday supporter!!

Been supporting wednesday for 30 years.Fantastic we have been bought...by a fishing company(over fished seas and all)

Why is it so hard to be a wednesday supporter!!

Its not hard at all ATM, life is good being a wednesday fan, best finish in league in years, an OK squad, new owner, new pitch promised and a big TV on the way, much better than the last 15 years of crap.

Guest conisbrough

Internet rich lists only list what is known about. Lots of extremely wealthy people do not appear.

Rothschild family was said to be richest but never appear in any list, if you look at their dealings must be worth many billions.

The Chansiri family are one of wealthiest in Thailand and actual wealth of individuals is not known. TUF can sign sponsorship deal with us and pay us millions and will not impact FFP rules as our owner has no position in company.