Chansiri Latest Interview

I think we are going to fly under this ownership. I'll tell you why.

The Chansiri family are very ambitious, they have gone on a massive acquisition roadmap to increase the turnover of TU Group to $8billion by 2020.

There is also a statement from their chairman  before there was ANY link with us. He said (paraphrasing) we are aggressively aquisitive etc. however even as the biggest Tuna and fish canning \ freezing company in the world no one has heard of us. Despite having famous brands such as John West, Chicken of the Sea (USA Brand) etc no one has heard of TU Group.

So my view, based on several years of premiership success in providing business exposure, is that the main objective is to get us to the premiership asap to achieve world wide exposure of the TU group name.

Now look back at such businesses as Emirates, Etihad, and individuals such as Abramovitch, and these were minor brands and persons, known but not massively so. Now they are household names not only here but in the USA, Far East, Africa, South America, in fact EVERYWHERE that has Premiership football on TV,  the BIGGEST exposure any business can get.

Spending £75-100million on a football club especially one with a unique name etc. is a BARGAIN, and on top of this the financial rewards are there too in the prem.

SO I for one have EVERY faith in the Chansiri family getting us  back to where we should be, it's very exciting, BUT I will always think about every statement made and the reality behind it. After decades in business I have learned not to take things at face value. Theirs is a massive business in any terms and I am sure they will back up their investment in our club and we will get back to the big time sooner rather than later.

So if you see that as undermining then so be it, what I see it as is excitement and positiveness, tempered with a bit of realism.

And for that I won't apologise to anyone. Now Sham you tell me what your views are and based on mate.I'll be very interested to know. I can rationalise my views and opinions, can you?

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

I'm with you JBA. Never had dealings with Asian Businessmen but have read all the books by James Clavell (Shogun Tai Pan Noble House)which start around the time of the Opium wars in China and are brilliantly researched. They go into the various ways business is done in mostly China and how respect and "Face" are major things in such dealings. Statments etc are scrupulously thought out and considered business and how to conduct it are and have always been a big thing in that part of the world. That's as I read it any way. Literally :biggrin:

I'd be surprised if TUF aren't involved somewhere Our new chairman has just spent the thick end of 40 million quid in the space of a week. I've had a look and can't find anywhere how much his personal wealth is. So it's either a hell of a lot or he's getting help from somewhere

I'd be surprised if TUF aren't involved somewhere Our new chairman has just spent the thick end of 40 million quid in the space of a week. I've had a look and can't find anywhere how much his personal wealth is. So it's either a hell of a lot or he's getting help from somewhere

I honestly think its both! 

The only thing we need to worry about is little Att saying to his dad "im getting bored of watchin this sh*t dad... Can i ave an x-box inteads instead"?...or whatever the Thai translated equivalent is!

Maybe the big screen is for Att to play Grand Theft Auto at half time?

Rumble.. give me another way of getting massive levels of exposure in USA West Europe and BRIC. multi regional multi lingual multi cultural... how would I do that, there's very few brands or marketing channels that cross that whole market.

Especially for relatively little spend. I can't think of any other than Premiership football. Sky news and other sponsorships fall into insignificance in comparison.

It was no accident that Emirates times the sponsoship of Arsenal to allign with their MAJOR investment in new aircraft and expansion of their fleet and purchasing of slots in every major airport. 2003/2004/2005/2006  was a major major expansion period of Emirates and their premiership sponsorship was at the forefront of their marketing.

Etihad was formed around the same period (2004) and didn't really come to the attention of anyone until their purchase of Man City. 

I expect TU Group to have the same ambitions for their brand.. Personally I can't wait..  Wednesday back in the top 5 where we belong.

DYOR...

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

I can't agree more that this could be great way of exposing a brand onto the European/world stage. However I can't help thinking that this would be a waste of time for "TUF" though. You can't buy a can of "TUF" can you? What exactly would be the advantage of raising the profile of the holding/production company?

Maximising exposure and raising the profile of TUF'S individual brands makes much more sense to me.

Guest mrbluesky

500-750m his personal (apparantly) ,the mere fact tuf are on the board (excuse the pun) behind him at the press conference indicates they have a major part to play, afterall his personal wealth probably isn`t as big in the footballing world,  I reckon Milan was worth more.

500-750m his personal (apparantly) ,the mere fact tuf are on the board (excuse the pun) behind him at the press conference indicates they have a major part to play, afterall his personal wealth probably isn`t as big in the footballing world, I reckon Milan was worth more.

According to something on wiki Milan's personal wealth was "only" about 100m. So Chansiri would be an upgrade on that, but like you say hopefully he will use the sponsorship with TUF route and bring in a lot more money than most teams in the championship will be able to have (not including the relegated PL teams obvs)

According to something on wiki Milan's personal wealth was "only" about 100m. So Chansiri would be an upgrade on that, but like you say hopefully he will use the sponsorship with TUF route and bring in a lot more money than most teams in the championship will be able to have (not including the relegated PL teams obvs)

that's what I thought it was the Mandaric family / trust that was worth around 750 mill.

500-750m his personal (apparantly) ,the mere fact tuf are on the board (excuse the pun) behind him at the press conference indicates they have a major part to play, afterall his personal wealth probably isn`t as big in the footballing world,  I reckon Milan was worth more.

Most reports put Milan at 100m although that might be nearer 140m now

This does seem consistent with the amount he was willing to throw at it, charges against stadium etc.

I reckon Mr Chansiri has access to much more.

Guest mrbluesky

There is no figure on his wealth as they are all private companies and spread far and wide but I`d put his wealth nearer a billion than 100m tbh, but like us all it`s guess work.

Finally finished reading this thread.

Two observations.

Milan handed us over as promised it seems i.e. in a reasonable state, and to someone who seems capable of moving the club on further, and more rapidly, than Milan himself.

So, respect to Mr Mandaric for that bit even though I've never been a big fan.

I am getting good vibes about Mr Chansiri, so let's hope this is the start of a long and stable relationship with him, his people and family, and the start of a longstanding dynasty stretching a few generations.

Rumble.. give me another way of getting massive levels of exposure in USA West Europe and BRIC. multi regional multi lingual multi cultural... how would I do that, there's very few brands or marketing channels that cross that whole market.

Especially for relatively little spend. I can't think of any other than Premiership football. Sky news and other sponsorships fall into insignificance in comparison.

It was no accident that Emirates times the sponsoship of Arsenal to allign with their MAJOR investment in new aircraft and expansion of their fleet and purchasing of slots in every major airport. 2003/2004/2005/2006 was a major major expansion period of Emirates and their premiership sponsorship was at the forefront of their marketing.

Etihad was formed around the same period (2004) and didn't really come to the attention of anyone until their purchase of Man City.

I expect TU Group to have the same ambitions for their brand.. Personally I can't wait.. Wednesday back in the top 5 where we belong.

DYOR...

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

I'm not sure why, if you're wanting to gain exposure in the markets you're talking about, you need to use a vehicle that crosses over them all. Surely you would just tailor your campaign to the specific individual territories you're aiming at? Eg- India (cricket) US (basketball) Canada (Ice Hockey) and so on?

I hope you're right by the way, but I just can't see that TUF are going to base a global marketing strategy around Sheffield Wednesday. Why not just buy Villa for instance?

I'm not sure why, if you're wanting to gain exposure in the markets you're talking about, you need to use a vehicle that crosses over them all. Surely you would just tailor your campaign to the specific individual territories you're aiming at? Eg- India (cricket) US (basketball) Canada (Ice Hockey) and so on?

I hope you're right by the way, but I just can't see that TUF are going to base a global marketing strategy around Sheffield Wednesday. Why not just buy Villa for instance?

Villa would cost at least £100 million just to buy, and that's probably the cheapest any PL club would be considering the amount of money those clubs can earn these days. I've always thought for years why doesn't a shrewd businessman instead of buying a PL club for £100-200 million+ just buy Sheffield Wednesday for £30-40 million, spend £10 million on improving the stadium to be a 50k seater and £20 million on players, then they would most likely own a huge football club and only for £70million. It looks like Mr Chansiri is that shrewd businessman i hoped would take a chance on us

Villa would cost at least £100 million just to buy, and that's probably the cheapest any PL club would be considering the amount of money those clubs can earn these days. I've always thought for years why doesn't a shrewd businessman instead of buying a PL club for £100-200 million+ just buy Sheffield Wednesday for £30-40 million, spend £10 million on improving the stadium to be a 50k seater and £20 million on players, then they would most likely own a huge football club and only for £70million. It looks like Mr Chansiri is that shrewd businessman i hoped would take a chance on us

If it was that black and white we'd have been bought a long time ago.