Chansiri Latest Interview

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Only 5 days before the subtle undermining begins.

Dont be pathetic. Im well chuffed with him.

No undermining at all just careful how i interpret things said.

Everyone gushes then when the actual event occurs then become disillusioned. Best being realistic rather than bipolar. Dont you think.

After 55 years of supporting Wednesday I know to not get too excited until seeing the result. All about balance.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest Johnbloodaxe

It's not just the pitch that's being replaced, what's underneath is as much of the problem as covered previously, you don't spend a million euros on the pitch to lay over the crappy underneath knowing it'll destroy the pitch again pretty soon.

Yep agreed, it still doesn't cost £1mm.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I think we are going to fly under this ownership. I'll tell you why.

The Chansiri family are very ambitious, they have gone on a massive acquisition roadmap to increase the turnover of TU Group to $8billion by 2020.

There is also a statement from their chairman  before there was ANY link with us. He said (paraphrasing) we are aggressively aquisitive etc. however even as the biggest Tuna and fish canning \ freezing company in the world no one has heard of us. Despite having famous brands such as John West, Chicken of the Sea (USA Brand) etc no one has heard of TU Group.

So my view, based on several years of premiership success in providing business exposure, is that the main objective is to get us to the premiership asap to achieve world wide exposure of the TU group name.

Now look back at such businesses as Emirates, Etihad, and individuals such as Abramovitch, and these were minor brands and persons, known but not massively so. Now they are household names not only here but in the USA, Far East, Africa, South America, in fact EVERYWHERE that has Premiership football on TV,  the BIGGEST exposure any business can get.

Spending £75-100million on a football club especially one with a unique name etc. is a BARGAIN, and on top of this the financial rewards are there too in the prem.

SO I for one have EVERY faith in the Chansiri family getting us  back to where we should be, it's very exciting, BUT I will always think about every statement made and the reality behind it. After decades in business I have learned not to take things at face value. Theirs is a massive business in any terms and I am sure they will back up their investment in our club and we will get back to the big time sooner rather than later.

So if you see that as undermining then so be it, what I see it as is excitement and positiveness, tempered with a bit of realism.

And for that I won't apologise to anyone. Now Sham you tell me what your views are and based on mate.I'll be very interested to know. I can rationalise my views and opinions, can you?

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

The Chansiri family are very ambitious, they have gone on a massive acquisition roadmap to increase the turnover of TU Group to $8billion by 2020.

There is also a statement from their chairman before there was ANY link with us. He said (paraphrasing) we are aggressively aquisitive etc. however even as the biggest Tuna and fish canning \ freezing company in the world no one has heard of us. Despite having famous brands such as John West, Chicken of the Sea (USA Brand) etc no one has heard of TU Group.

So my view, based on several years of premiership success in providing business exposure, is that the main objective is to get us to the premiership asap to achieve world wide exposure of the TU group name.

Now look back at such businesses as Emirates, Etihad, and individuals such as Abramovitch, and these were minor brands and persons, known but not massively so. Now they are household names not only here but in the USA, Far East, Africa, South America, in fact EVERYWHERE that has Premiership football on TV, the BIGGEST exposure any business can get.

Spending £75-100million on a football club especially one with a unique name etc. is a BARGAIN, and on top of this the financial rewards are there too in the prem.

SO I for one have EVERY faith in the Chansiri family getting us back to where we should be, it's very exciting, BUT I will always think about every statement made and the reality behind it. After decades in business I have learned not to take things at face value. Theirs is a massive business in any terms and I am sure they will back up their investment in our club and we will get back to the big time sooner rather than later.

So if you see that as undermining then so be it, what I see it as is excitement and positiveness, tempered with a bit of realism.

And for that I won't apologise to anyone. Now Sham you tell me what your views are and based on mate.I'll be very interested to know. I can rationalise my views and opinions, can you?

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

I don't think Emirates and Etihad were minor brands before they got involved in football really. They may not have been as high profile to foitball fans.

I'm sure there are more targeted and more cost effective ways of growing a brand than buying a Mid table Chamoionship football club. I very much doubt this is about growing the TUF brand primarily.

There is also a statement from their chairman  before there was ANY link with us. He said (paraphrasing) we are aggressively aquisitive etc. however even as the biggest Tuna and fish canning \ freezing company in the world no one has heard of us. Despite having famous brands such as John West, Chicken of the Sea (USA Brand) etc no one has heard of TU Group.

Now look back at such businesses as Emirates, Etihad, and individuals such as Abramovitch, and these were minor brands and persons, known but not massively so. Now they are household names not only here but in the USA, Far East, Africa, South America, in fact EVERYWHERE that has Premiership football on TV,  the BIGGEST exposure any business can get.

SO I for one have EVERY faith in the Chansiri family getting us  back to where we should be, it's very exciting, BUT I will always think about every statement made and the reality behind it. After decades in business I have learned not to take things at face value. Theirs is a massive business in any terms and I am sure they will back up their investment in our club and we will get back to the big time sooner rather than later.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Absolutely what  my mate living in malaysia said  when the T/O was first surfaced.

The exposure of the brand on Prem league tv in the far east will be vast.

As we know it has been said we are a "private purchase" out of his own funds, this will be right, but it is very telling that the back screen at the "hand over" had the TUF logo on it.  Why , if there is no family input?

A bit of playing within the rules of FFP and we will be in the promised land before you can say knife :rolleyes: 

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I don't think Emirates and Etihad were minor brands before they got involved in football really. They may not have been as high profile to foitball fans.

I'm sure there are more targeted and more cost effective ways of growing a brand than buying a Mid table Chamoionship football club. I very much doubt this is about growing the TUF brand primarily.

Oh but compared to other international airlines they were minor brands from ME. Not mainstream as they are now.

Oh but compared to other international airlines they were minor brands from ME. Not mainstream as they are now.

But Emirates have been throwing money at brand exposure from all kinds of angles - not just football. They sponsor Sky News, they're into lots of high profile sports etc. They're football sponsorship is a minor part of their overall strategy and would not have moved the brand forward as quickly on it's own.

Absolutely what my mate living in malaysia said when the T/O was first surfaced.

The exposure of the brand on Prem league tv in the far east will be vast.

As we know it has been said we are a "private purchase" out of his own funds, this will be right, but it is very telling that the back screen at the "hand over" had the TUF logo on it. Why , if there is no family input?

A bit of playing within the rules of FFP and we will be in the promised land before you can say knife :rolleyes:

I wouldn't get too carried away with TUF gaining some exposure from that press conferehce but hopefully it is a sign that there will be backing coming from the whole family.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

But Emirates have been throwing money at brand exposure from all kinds of angles - not just football. They sponsor Sky News, they're into lots of high profile sports etc. They're football sponsorship is a minor part of their overall strategy and would not have moved the brand forward as quickly on it's own.

Nothing comes close to the premiership exposure.. sky news meh..

In November 2013 I was pretty despondant at the way we were going,with Jones having got us at the foot of the table.Since then I think we have made very good progress,thank you Stuart Gray,lets not forget what a good job he has done for our club.

Milan has hopefully brought us a very good new owner and I'm sure he will make decisions that will push us forward,with SG or not.

But lets not get carried away if we aren't suddenly not top of the Championship early next season,our club needs building with strong foundations to carry on at the top level,I feel more optimistic than I have for a very long time but it won't happen overnight,lets just get behind the only real chance we have had for progress for years,no decades,fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Rumble.. give me another way of getting massive levels of exposure in USA West Europe and BRIC. multi regional multi lingual multi cultural... how would I do that, there's very few brands or marketing channels that cross that whole market.

Especially for relatively little spend. I can't think of any other than Premiership football. Sky news and other sponsorships fall into insignificance in comparison.

It was no accident that Emirates times the sponsoship of Arsenal to allign with their MAJOR investment in new aircraft and expansion of their fleet and purchasing of slots in every major airport. 2003/2004/2005/2006  was a major major expansion period of Emirates and their premiership sponsorship was at the forefront of their marketing.

Etihad was formed around the same period (2004) and didn't really come to the attention of anyone until their purchase of Man City. 

I expect TU Group to have the same ambitions for their brand.. Personally I can't wait..  Wednesday back in the top 5 where we belong.

DYOR...

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Rumble.. give me another way of getting massive levels of exposure in USA West Europe and BRIC. multi regional multi lingual multi cultural... how would I do that, there's very few brands or marketing channels that cross that whole market.

Especially for relatively little spend. I can't think of any other than Premiership football. Sky news and other sponsorships fall into insignificance in comparison.

It was no accident that Emirates times the sponsoship of Arsenal to allign with their MAJOR investment in new aircraft and expansion of their fleet and purchasing of slots in every major airport. 2003/2004/2005/2006  was a major major expansion period of Emirates and their premiership sponsorship was at the forefront of their marketing.

Etihad was formed around the same period (2004) and didn't really come to the attention of anyone until their purchase of Man City. 

I expect TU Group to have the same ambitions for their brand.. Personally I can't wait..  Wednesday back in the top 5 where we belong.

DYOR...

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!!

Absolutely

i agree with you JB i think we are going to be a chariot for the TUF brand, 

its obvious that they going to sponsor us to the hilt , and it will be major sponsorship

and i am ready to enjoy the ride

whos with me  :biggrin:

for me there is no question that this is a first step marketing strategy 

The att thing is a lovely warm story but who buys their son a £40mm train set football club just because he likes football

I looked at their (TUF)financial reports a few months ago and their stated aim is to break further into europe  achieving Premiership status will do that big style and with an upside of a saleable marketing tool asset to boot.

I'm very pleased with what I see of the Chansiri family the back story and their impressive collection of companies run by their relatives. I was lucky to be near them on wednesday and their family excitement is obvious - I hope for our sakes and theirs that this pays off for them big style. They couldn't be further from the bling sports car crashing for fun mammadov thing we dodged.

No?

How much does it cost then to dig 20ft down, repair/replace the drainage, repair/replace the undersoil heating then put a desso pitch on top?

Depends who you employ, any gypsy camps near Hillsbough at the moment? maybe they can tarmac the carpark as part of the deal :tango:

He hasn't bought the club to stay where we are and will know it's going to cost a few million to get to the Premier, very exiting times to come !!!!

even `exciting‘ !!!