The Greatest 20minutes....EVER!

Guest Iron Hunter

Reg!

He's from Chesterfield and last match he went to was with us to Brentford in the 'mind the gap' promotion season.

In his 60s now but still crackers.

Went to Maggies funeral in London with a bag of coal, i kid you not!

I spoke to someone who knew him and he said he actually broke his other leg celebrating one of our goals. If true that's a hardcore wednesdayite for you lol

What a great night though.

One of my all time favourite wednesday moments, as my 9 year old nephew says, Epic. Went in the back if a transit and drank 4 cans if special brew on the way there, as my 14 year old nephew says, Lad.

I was not far behind the crutches bloke. Remember having been moved literally 20 metres away from my cousin by 4th goal due to crowd sure. Surely one of the top 10 Wednesday moments in history. Just had to be there to appreciate fully the quality and fervor of that 20 minutes.

One of the best nights I've ever experienced.

Great times...!

Even the Rovers fans in the pub after came and shook our hands.

What was even better was the brother had got his girlfriend a ticket and she drove so we all got proper piissed.

knew the match straight away when I saw the title!

Was that the match Pearson broke his leg? Put his leg in the way between the forward & the ball.

Told Alan Smith where to go when he said he had to go off, and had to be allowed to stand before he was convinced, (Story from Alan years ago)

Like you I knew it was going to be THAT game!

We would't just have beaten any club side the way we played for that 20 minutes, we would have even ripped Brazil a new one! Finest 20 minutes of football I have ever seen by any side ever!

Watched on TV from home in Jersey and came over for the second leg which in comparison was an anti-climax.

There was so much about that night that made it great- one of the things being it was a supposedly weakened side with no Hirsty and also I think Carlton had to play CB. This was also the game that really established Warhurst as a serious striking threat.

Also nowt better than a yellow away kit under the floodlights.

Also remember my mate flying round the woodhead and shooting down someone's driveway after misjudged a bend in his boy racer Nova on the way home lol

Favourite away game by a mile- would give a lot to experience that night again.