The Greatest 20minutes....EVER!

Guest Iron Hunter

Like you I knew it was going to be THAT game!

We would't just have beaten any club side the way we played for that 20 minutes, we would have even ripped Brazil a new one! Finest 20 minutes of football I have ever seen by any side ever!

Watched on TV from home in Jersey and came over for the second leg which in comparison was an anti-climax.

Roly's back pass in the second leg- hearts in mouths lol

The stand the Wednesday fans were in that night I am not sure would be allowed today.

Still had all the pillars and structure of the roof but without the roof itself.

But yes best 20 minutes I have ever seen Wednesday play. To rip to shreds a quality Blackburn team known for being organised and hard to beat was amazing.

We were last fans to be on it, got ripped Down week after

My favourite ever game.

I watched it on telly as a teenager with me dad, grandad and brother.

When the 4th went in me dad and grandad were hugging and dancing round in circles in our living room.

One of my favourite memories.

We completely took em apart in less than 20 minutes. Brilliant.

We were last fans to be on it, got ripped Down week after

Not surprised, I was there that night, the stand had a shear drop at the back with nothing much to stop anyone going over it! What a night though and what a team we had. I remember all the Wednesdayites marching on mass out the ground at the end singing our heads off.

I spoke to someone who knew him and he said he actually broke his other leg celebrating one of our goals. If true that's a hardcore wednesdayite for you lol

The guy either doesn't know him or is spinning a yarn, that didn't happen.

Reg did recieve a horrific leg injury at work years ago though, hence the crutches.

The second half was sh*t.

lol

Guest Iron Hunter

Would love to know more about the famous promotion win at Blackburn off the slightly older brigade.Too young to remember it and obviously no footage.Really 10,000 Owls fans there?.What a night that must have been.Apologies if already mentioned in previous threads.

knew the match straight away when I saw the title!

Was that the match Pearson broke his leg? Put his leg in the way between the forward & the ball.

Told Alan Smith where to go when he said he had to go off, and had to be allowed to stand before he was convinced, (Story from Alan years ago)

ditto ... was talking about it at the match last neet 

Would love to know more about the famous promotion win at Blackburn off the slightly older brigade.Too young to remember it and obviously no footage.Really 10,000 Owls fans there?.What a night that must have been.Apologies if already mentioned in previous threads.

it was nearer 12,000 iirc

think we were 1-0 down iirc then mellor n taylor scored late 2nd half .... mayhem !!

still got RS 2nd half commentary on cassette somewhere 

Guest Iron Hunter

Some of the older lads bring it up from time to time.One boozer taking two coaches to every away game during the 70s/80s with crates of ale packed down the walkway.Knocking on boozer doors at 10 in morning till they were let in.Sometimes think I was born 15years too late!

Guest Gazzaswfc

I was there next to the guy with the crutches I think Colin Hendry had nightmares about Paul warhurst . My fav away game ever