In or Out?

The owners have backed him in January and he's not even playing 2 of them. Melo seems a strange signing to me. We definitely didn't need another defensive midfielder.

Yeah, and having signed six, it's the failure to address the issue of a winger, and an experienced striker

Undecided at the minute. The highlights of yesterday to me anyway showed that the scoreline flattered us. All goals were preventable as well. Millwall is massive. Lose that and he's on dodgy grouhd.

I think we really need a win against Millwall. Unless we go into free-fall I think the owners would be un-wise to sack Gray before the end of the season.

We sacked Megson when we were 3rd. We wouldn't have got automatic promotion without him going.

Agreed, but that team was expected to be up near the top and Megson was sacked because we were looking likely to fail. Most people expected this season's team to be fighting a relegation battle yet we're still just about in the top half, even after a bad run of form. Sacking a manager who's obviously doing better than expected would be shameful.

I thought Southie_Owl summed up perffectly why Gray has to go:

Also Gray has assembled this current squad and chose to sign a 3rd right back and 4th defensive midfielder in January, rather than improve the attacking play. We have Palmer, Buxton, Lees, Lee, Hutchinson, Young who could all play right back, yet he chose to spend the money on another player for that position instead of a winger. Which to me says a lot about his mentality.

I am still struggling to understand why any sensible manager would have done that.

I thought Southie_Owl summed up perffectly why Gray has to go:

Also Gray has assembled this current squad and chose to sign a 3rd right back and 4th defensive midfielder in January, rather than improve the attacking play. We have Palmer, Buxton, Lees, Lee, Hutchinson, Young who could all play right back, yet he chose to spend the money on another player for that position instead of a winger. Which to me says a lot about his mentality.

I am still struggling to understand why any sensible manager would have done that.

Did he not come out and say that he wanted a winger but we failed to get them over the line? Do you just want us to sign anyone? Then youd say his signings are poo poo.

I totally agree that the football is very poor at the moment. But I dont think it has always been like that, i.e. Leeds 6 nil. I dont think Gray goes out with the intention of playing boring football, it is probably a product of the lack of wingers and strikers we have at the club. That is not his fault - clearly he would like more players.

He has made some brilliant signings and I dont think many people could argue with the fact that he has over achieved. Kept us up somehow and has moved us forward with very little budget.

For me I think he deserves a chance to put things right. He has the respect of all of the players which is important and I would like to see someone given a chance to build something over the longer-term and you cant do that if you keep sacking managers to progress.

The Leeds result was over 12 months ago and was a team that was driven through Wickham.

Without Wickham in the presiding 12 months we've been nothing short of abysmal as an attacking threat.

It would be interesting to see Grays record since Millwall away last since... Bet it's a real eye-opener

The Leeds result was over 12 months ago and was a team that was driven through Wickham.

Without Wickham in the presiding 12 months we've been nothing short of abysmal as an attacking threat.

It would be interesting to see Grays record since Millwall away last since... Bet it's a real eye-opener

Meant following 12 months of course... 😀

In, we're on a bad run, admittedly, but I genuinely think he can turn it around.

Its another bad run though, the third bad run under Gray. Last seasons didn't matter because we were safe, but it was an early warning sign of things to come. Was it 11 games without a win earlier in the season? Now its 7.

We seemingly sleepwalk through these periods with no ability to change it for the positive. What happened to the team who were unlucky to lose at the Eitihad, the team that easily beat (granted a poor) Nottingham Forest? Why have we gone backwards again?

Add that to the home form and no one can seriously tell me that they are happy at the minute.

Would this question have been asked had we won yesterday at Derby?? 

In for now though we need to start winning games asap. 

Maybe a change in summer if results and performances don't improve but I feel we will start picking points up over next few games.

Guest wayne the owl

What happened to giving managers time ?

He's not even had a full season yet and he has improved us , built us from the back like a manager should.

Id give him till xmas myself.