In or Out?

I think out is an inevitability. 

However, I don't see a change imminently as the preferred manager may not be available and we still need points to keep us in this league. Usually the coach would step up short term, but our problem is that Gray is the coach and  functioning in a manger's position with no one else within the club capable of performing a caretaker manager role better than Gray. 

Time to go. I want to be able to get excited about watching Wednesday again and Gray is not the man to do that.

A defeat at Millwall on Tuesday and potentially just 6 points from the drop would have us all very worried. Someone always gets dragged in, the sooner those last 9 points are on the board the better.

Edited by TheLastSleepingGiant

we need a buzz around S6, our most successful eras all had personalities as managers, thats what a club our size needs, not a small time thinker, but someone with balls and personality.

Overall we need a manager that players want to come and play for which SG seems to struggle with

Agree-time we had a character in the dressing room-big Ron esque personality needed

Uh uh uh , let me answer Sir, me, me, me Sir, what about Hoddle, Poyet, Pearson, Alan Curbishley, Warburton, Allardyce uh, uh, uh............. Someone, anyone, a star name, a young creative type, one who's been there, one who's done it. Can I go the toilet too I need a poo Sir, uh, uh, uh hhnnnnnnn.......?

At the moment I would say out. He is displaying signs that he is struggling. Goals at the start of halves indicate lack of motivation/ tactical nouse. Goals just after substitutions indicate incorrect choices. The football at Hillsborough is awful. There's obviously no attacking coaching going on as we haven't a clue. We have no urgency in our play and we don't learn from our mistakes. Players that we could and should have signed going elsewhere I suspect either Gray isn't a big enough pull ( which I mentioned when he was taken on) or he's being too picky.

Tuesday night is massive IMO. We need a win to keep that distance and hopefully to go on a bit of a run.

Edited by mike312

Guest uptheowls_wtid

I know it may not be popular but i would like to see an attack minded manager such as Di Canio in. When you see what he acheived and was about to acheive at Swindon Town and how he was let down by the DoF at Sunderland I don't think there are many that could do better... despite his disagreeable politics.

Swindon were unbeaten for 15 and then lost one and then continued to win 10 on the bounce which is by far a record for them. He femands and gets the best from his players. Gets them very fit and gets the effort from them that supporters deserve. The question at Sunderland was that they didn't have the players they needed to perform at that level.

When he left Swindon they were on course for a second successive promotion too.

There's no point giving him until the end of the season.

He's clearly not the man to take us forward so why don't we give the new man a few months to judge the squad and go into the summer with a clear list of what players are needed.

Giving Gray until the end of the season will mean the new manager will need time to work out what players require replacing and then get a list together.

Guest uptheowls_wtid

I know it may not be popular but i would like to see an attack minded manager such as Di Canio in. When you see what he acheived and was about to acheive at Swindon Town and how he was let down by the DoF at Sunderland I don't think there are many that could do better... despite his disagreeable politics.

Swindon were unbeaten for 15 and then lost one and then continued to win 10 on the bounce which is by far a record for them. He femands and gets the best from his players. Gets them very fit and gets the effort from them that supporters deserve. The question at Sunderland was that they didn't have the players they needed to perform at that level.

When he left Swindon they were on course for a second successive promotion too.

You might be onto something here mate. Big name, Owls legend, gets the best out of his players, attack minded, extremely hard working and passionate.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

You might be onto something here mate. Big name, Owls legend, gets the best out of his players, attack minded, extremely hard working and passionate.

Continues to be very well thought of at Swindon Town. All staff loved him. Players didnt at first as he trained them twice a day every day for first few weeks. Then when the results started to come they all became very loyal. He produced some great players from that squad but the then owners sold them hence he left due to the then owners lac of ambition. Would be very different at Hillsborough now our new owners have that ambition hopefully.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest uptheowls_wtid

Continues to be very well thought of at Swindon Town. All staff loved him. Players didnt at first as he trained them twice a day every day for first few weeks. Then when the results started to come they all became very loyal. He produced some great players from that squad but the then owners sold them hence he left due to the then owners lac of ambition. Would be very different at Hillsborough now our new owners have that ambition hopefully.

It appears he's on the Dingles radar. Edited by uptheowls_wtid