In or Out?

There's no point giving him until the end of the season.

He's clearly not the man to take us forward so why don't we give the new man a few months to judge the squad and go into the summer with a clear list of what players are needed.

Giving Gray until the end of the season will mean the new manager will need time to work out what players require replacing and then get a list together.

Depends if the better options are available now

I like Stuart Gray. He's a man of integrity who the players seem to like, he was a breath of fresh air after the dour, poor man management of Dave Jones in his later days

Unfortunately Gray and his tactical naivety is costing us games, and the support is dwindling.

If we are going to really have a go under this new ownership I'd like to see us approach someone like Laudrup or Allardyce to take over in the summer. I do feel Gray should be given the rest of the season

Thats the thing, he has the personality but he has been with Dave Jones for far too long and hes doing the exact same things as Jones.

Players who under perform each week still getting picked (remember Bothroyd?), same shocking set pieces (who was on the training ground under Jones?) One up front at home (Jones got hammered for that yet Gray has done this several times)... I could go on.

In my opinion, not much has changed since Jones, the manager is just a nicer bloke.

The trouble with giving Gray till the end of the season is a lot of our players contracts are due to expire this summer and most will already be wanting to renegotiate now or talk to other clubs. And likewise players at other clubs are doing the same. So I'd prefer a new man to come in asap to see what squad he's got and who he wants to get rid of

I like Stuart Gray. He's a man of integrity who the players seem to like, he was a breath of fresh air after the dour, poor man management of Dave Jones in his later days

Unfortunately Gray and his tactical naivety is costing us games, and the support is dwindling.

If we are going to really have a go under this new ownership I'd like to see us approach someone like Laudrup or Allardyce to take over in the summer. I do feel Gray should be given the rest of the season

Watch those goals yesterday and tell me what was tactically naive in any of them ?

Was it tactically naive of Gray to put McGugan on the post for example whre he waved a foot at a ball which came at him slowly and should have and would have been cleared by McGugan had he done his job. No doubt the tactical genii on here will say it was poor tactics putting McGugan there cos a a tactically aware Coach would have known that he would do that 

4 weeks ago I would have said in. Recent performances & team selections have me sat on the fence with my legs dangling on the out side ready to jump.

He wasn't Milan's ideal choice but the lack of suitable candidates to work under the financial constraints & the early results under SG made Milan's mind up. If it was & choice of in or out based purely on current performances then I would have to say out. I suppose the real question is whether you want SG to continue with the extra resources & clout in the transfer market backed up with a more robust structure & a pitch to play on.

He was a cheap quick fix.

Served a purpose for Mandaric but there's no way we should go forward into a summer of rebuilding with Gray in charge.

No sentiment in football.

we won't...

i actually think if he won 50%+ of the remaining games he'd still be toast...

very decent bloke i'm led to believe...

but IF it was my money, i'd want a ba$tard that can produce results...

let's hope things hold together for the rest of the season enough for us to keep out of the mire at the bottom...

but, a new guy will be in next term, IF not this...

Edited by dnhc

we won't...

i actually think if he won 50%+ of the remaining games he'd still be toast...

very decent bloke i'm led to believe...

but IF it was my money, i'd want a ba$tard that can produce results...

let's hope things hold together for the rest of the season enough for us to keep out of the mire at the bottom...

but, a new guy will be in next term, IF not this...

image.jpg

In for me at the moment but unfortunately he is on a knife edge and there needs to be clear and consistent improvement starting on Tuesday.

^^^^^^^^

Agree with that.

Really want him to succeed but he needs to start winning games now, lose Tuesday and we're right in the poo poo.

In until the end of the season, unless there is a dramatic dip in results that take us down the table. The football's not great right now but he deserves the chance until May. I personally think that once the ratification is complete and we get to hear from the new owner it may indicate the plans for the future. That will probably signal the end of Gray in the Summer.