Team line up for Boro

Westwood

Lees        Loovens      Mattock

Palmer        Semedo       Coke         Helan

Maguire

May      Madine

I like the look of that. My only change tho' would be Maghoma on the left instead of Helan.

Guest james.taylor1982

Westwood

Lees Loovens Mattock

Palmer Semedo Coke Helan

Maguire

May Madine

I like this, we need to get out this Nuhiu cloud, sorry but he isn't a good player at all

Back to our tried and tested system for this away game? If Lee and Hutchinson are missing, we'll be stretched. For me, it would come down to whether we entrust McCabe with the Lee role, or whether we switch Maguire to a more central role and bring in Helan out wide. If we don't bring anyone in, and we still want to use that system, then this might be the line up

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

Semedo

Coke

Maguire

Maghoma

Helan

Nuhiu

Subs

Kirkland

Zayatte

Floro

Corry

McCabe

Madine

May

I'll not bother reading other posts because I agree that this would be best way to go at Boro, unless Hutchinson is fit which is unlikely.

Back to our tried and tested system for this away game? If Lee and Hutchinson are missing, we'll be stretched. For me, it would come down to whether we entrust McCabe with the Lee role, or whether we switch Maguire to a more central role and bring in Helan out wide. If we don't bring anyone in, and we still want to use that system, then this might be the line up

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

Semedo

Coke

Maguire

Maghoma

Helan

Nuhiu

Subs

Kirkland

Zayatte

Floro

Corry

McCabe

Madine

May

Yeah reackon something like this unless he gives Corry or McCabe a go in the middle with Coke, protected by Semedo (unlikely though).

Westwood

Palmer    Lees     Loovens   Mattock

Semedo

Coke         McCabe

Maguire                             Maghoma

Nuhiu

Subs:  Kirkland, Zayatte, Floro, Corry, Helan, Madine, May

You play a side deserving of their shirts.

Adthe did nothing to warrant a start Saturday.

May was very lively and worked tirelessly and Madine was very effective when he came on, again.

Maybe time to take Adthe out a week.

I would go for

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

Coke

Semedo

Maguire

Nuihu

May

Nuihu

With coke and semedo very deep and then may who we know works hard and can join Nuihu when needed on the left

Then we have maghoma Madine to bring on if neeeed

I'd take a draw tbf however think we might lose 1-0 or 2-1 here

Apart from the obviuos mistake I would go with that,just Maghoma in place of 'Nuhiu' in midfield

SEMEDO

COKE

MAGURIE

MAY

MAGHOMA

NUHIU.

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens Mattock

Semedo

Coke McCabe

Maghoma>~>> <<~<Maguire

May

Either Mags to come into the space behind May when needed. Not at the same time tho.

Edit, it took me ages to space all that out properly on my phone :(

Edited by SHUowl

I don't see many reasons why it wouldn't work and I suppose we could switch back to a 4 if it wasn't working. I just don't think boro away is maybe the best game to introduce the players to a new system. Personally I'd feel more comfortable if we sacrificed a striker to give us that extra man in midfield. We've played the 451/433 system at times before.

I know what you mean, I just think that if we play it the more British way then we would end up with a back four most of the time anyway with the players on the other side swinging round like they do in a 4.

10354172_10153192958231111_6551399720722

I like the look of that. My only change tho' would be Maghoma on the left instead of Helan.

That's why I'd go with Helan over Maghoma.

If we going with a genuine 3 at the back them maybe Mags.

But I think we'd be tighter playing it the 5 swing way and in that sense I do think Helan has more to offer coming back to his own goal.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Never play Helan out wide, further proof of that last night, he's a great athlete and a decent enough defender but he just can't play football

Not confident for this game now we've picked up the inevitable injuries in our tiny squad, would be delighted with a point

Agreed

I think Helan will play in a CM three.

Westwood

Palmer Lees/Loovens Mattock

Coke Semedo Helan

Maguire                          Maghoma

May

Unless Any new signings come in i expect that will be the line up.

Madine will get his Start vs Burnley, Nuhiu wont start again till Forest game. Wont hurt him to have 2 games out of it. May even take some pressure off him coming off the bench.  

We will play one up front, and the only man in the club who can that job is Nuihu. Away from home I bet he is the first name on the teamsheet. The lad lacks quality but is a work horse and made for that role.

We will play one up front, and the only man in the club who can that job is Nuihu. Away from home I bet he is the first name on the teamsheet. The lad lacks quality but is a work horse and made for that role.

Fair point but we dont know for sure S May cant play the role after only two games,  i'm basing it on hints SG has said in various recent Interviews. IMO he will get the nod due to his legs, same with Helan in CM. it gives us players who can cover ground. something that is important with our first choice CM duo out of the side.