Team line up for Boro

It's not like McCabe and Corry even got to grips with the midfield in the development game. A younger less experienced Palace midfield dominated this area

Did you watch it?

Seen a few people say McCabe played really well

Did you watch it?

Seen a few people say McCabe played really well

No but spoke to someone who was there and he said, Corry was largely anonymous and McCabe flitted in and out. Kinda backed up by the reports from here and Palace. Don't think Bullen was to happy with the performance in general

But it would be 5 man midfield when we don't have a ball. Gray is talking a lot about passing football, and keeping it on the deck. It is very hard to do when your player who gets on the ball most is Jose Semedo. Not only that he is a below pair passer of the ball, but needs "ages" to decide what to do with a damn thing...

Know what you mean but many of us wrote Semedo off the season before last but he returned last season and proved us wrong. He needs to win the ball and have close options to lay it off to. I hope that Tuesday was a blip for him and the rest of our midfield.

That'd be a real sink or swim situation.

It would indeed. They have the talent IMO and the time to show it is nigh.

Know what you mean but many of us wrote Semedo off the season before last but he returned last season and proved us wrong. He needs to win the ball and have close options to lay it off to. I hope that Tuesday was a blip for him and the rest of our midfield.

It would indeed. They have the talent IMO and the time to show it is nigh.

A time comes when you have to ask when a player stops being 'potential' or someone who isn't going to be able to do it.

I know the squad is short but I'd rather these players were sent out on loan rather than playing in the development squad.

There's no better development than playing League football IMO.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

A time comes when you have to ask when a player stops being 'potential' or someone who isn't going to be able to do it.

I know the squad is short but I'd rather these players were sent out on loan rather than playing in the development squad.

There's no better development than playing League football IMO.

Agreed those two fannying around with the youngsters needs to be very much short term.

Maghoma had a great first half against derby but has done nothing since and wants dropping. But Helan has done nothing to suggest he'd be any improvement on the left. Tbh I would say that our full backs are our most dangerous players at the moment- so why not a 3-5-2? Its good enough for Van Gaal.

.............................Westwood

..............Lees.........Loovens.......Zayatte

Palmer...........Semedo........Coke..........Mattock

...............................Maguire

.................Madine..................May

Fine example of patience re maghoma.

"Had a great first half against derby but done nothing since and wants dropping"

So basically the game before last he was great for half a game but a game later should be out of the team?

Lets face it , Malek would have all the struggling development squad in the first team.

No, I wouldn't. But Gray want us to play passing football, so it would be madness to keep our best passers of the ball and most creative players out of the team, in favor of one who can't spot a pass to save his life.

There is certainly some deal of talent between McCabe and Corry, and we are doing poor job developing it. If we are without both Lee & Hutchinson, and in away fixture where we are bound to start with 4-5-1, then at least one of these must start.

IF Hutchinson is fit...

Westwood

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Mattock

Maguire

Hutchinson

McCabe

Semedo

Maghoma

Madine

The main talking points to this team would be the inclusion of McCabe over Coke, and Madine over Nuhiu/May

McCabe would play best in a 5 man midfield where he's got two recognised defensive midfielders next to him keeping things ticking over.

The last time he started vs Bolton he was next to Coke and neither of them are great at defending. That is why we got overun in that area that day.

If McCabe was allowed to concentrate on moving forward with the ball and picking out passes, I think he'd have a field day in all honesty.

We could almost play 4-5-1 without possession and 4-4-1-1 in possession with McCabe in behind Madine, spraying balls out to the on-rushing Maguire and Maghoma etc.

Nuhiu looked absolutely knackered on Tuesday night. I'm a MASSIVE fan of Nuhiu but it was one of his worst performances IMO, he needs a rest. May just doesn't look suited to a lone striker role, though I may be wrong. Madine seems stronger and quicker than what he was before he went inside.He's clearly chomping at the bit and will also want to score that little bit more because we're against Boro, the team that released him as a young lad.

However, I do reckon Stuart Gray will play Coke and Nuhiu rather than Madine and McCabe..

But whether the midfield includes Coke or McCabe...it is pretty vital that Hutchinson is fit to play as well. I see him as more of a crucial player than Lee.

Edited by FlyingOwl

It would.

Mccabe & Corry would get bullied.

They have zero physical presence.

Having possession is the best way of defending. Anyway, that is why I would want to see them in 5 man midfield.

Btw. Why is everyone obsessed with "physical presence" ?! We are not talking about American, but European football  (aka. THE football).

Edited by malek

Having possession is the best way of defending. Anyway, that is why I would want to see them in 5 man midfield.

Btw. Why is everyone obsessed with "physical presence" ?! We are not talking about American, but European football (aka. THE football).

In other words they are anonymous and the game passes them by.

You wouldn't realise they were playing.

What about when they don't have the ball?

Edited by richowl