Team line up for Boro

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens Mattock

Coke Semedo

MaGuire McCabe Maghoma

May

I think this side or something very similar is the likely way Gray'll go.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Hey, that would be a radical shift in direction, but given the resources we have, it could give us our best chance of getting something, interesting shout

Actually don't mind the look of that, Helan makes me worried though!!!

Just about looking at what you have got and where they can play with what they offer.

Away from home an extra man at the back/middle is always something I'd look at doing.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I would go for

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

Coke

Semedo

Maguire

Nuihu

May

Nuihu

With coke and semedo very deep and then may who we know works hard and can join Nuihu when needed on the left

Then we have maghoma Madine to bring on if neeeed

I'd take a draw tbf however think we might lose 1-0 or 2-1 here

I know you love hiim but you cant have him twice

Guest Kagoshimaowl

No way would I start McCabe.  He is pants and goes missing in games. I also wouldn't play 2 up front as we will get battered.  I agree with Guru's line up except maybe start May instead of Nuhiu.

Maghoma had a great first half against derby but has done nothing since and wants dropping. But Helan has done nothing to suggest he'd be any improvement on the left. Tbh I would say that our full backs are our most dangerous players at the moment- so why not a 3-5-2? Its good enough for Van Gaal.

.............................Westwood
..............Lees.........Loovens.......Zayatte
Palmer...........Semedo........Coke..........Mattock

...............................Maguire

.................Madine..................May

Got to honest, I'd be sceptical of us changing what's so far proven to be a successful back 4. We look solid defensively.

Know what you mean. Though they are all in there still. Just acase of putting exta man in Helan to tuck back on the other side.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Got to honest, I'd be sceptical of us changing what's so far proven to be a successful back 4. We look solid defensively.

We didnt look that solid defending for the 1-0 last night. And we need more of a creative spark. Pushing the (very impressive so far) full backs up and having Maguire central may give us that?

We didnt look that solid defending for the 1-0 last night. And we need more of a creative spark. Pushing the (very impressive so far) full backs up and having Maguire central may give us that?

Possibly. Maguire doesn't seem to be relishing it out wide at the moment and he has said that his preferred position is striker. Sitting behind the front man/pair is certainly an option. We have no one fit to pick the passes from central midfield and are lacking penetration on the flanks too.

Westwood

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Mattock

Semedo

Coke

Maguire

McCabe

Maghoma

Madine

Subs:

Kirkland

Floro

Zayatte

Corry

Helan

Nuhiu

May

You would play Madine instead of May ? Are you on drugs.  :ghoulguy:

Never play Helan out wide, further proof of that last night,  he's a great athlete and a decent enough defender but he just can't play football

Not confident for this game now we've picked up the inevitable injuries in our tiny squad,  would be delighted with a point

As would I

Know what you mean. Though they are all in there still. Just acase of putting exta man in Helan to tuck back on the other side.

I don't see many reasons why it wouldn't work and I suppose we could switch back to a 4 if it wasn't working. I just don't think boro away is maybe the best game to introduce the players to a new system. Personally I'd feel more comfortable if we sacrificed a striker to give us that extra man in midfield. We've played the 451/433 system at times before.

We're passing the ball well at the moment

With such a small squad you HAVE to he confidence in every player and can't abandon everything just because we've got a few injuries

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

McCabe

Maguire

Coke

Semedo

Maghoma

May

Try and keep the passing game going. Semedo to run around kicking everyone, McCabe to try and keep things ticking over and Coke to push further forward to link better with May and the wingers

With the injuries the team picks itself

------------Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens Mattock

Maguire Coke Semedo Maghoma

-----------Nuhiu May

That team would struggle..Semedo and Coke in midfield in a 442 isnt strong enough at Champ level, especially away.  I would have May on his own up front, Semedo screeing ithe back four and Coke and MCabe slightly forward as a part of a five man attacking midfied.  if we sit and try and defend, we will lose as we don't have the firpower to hit on the break at the moment.  Boro are nothing special but will be tough at home.

Lee and Hutch are out best players and it is the Wednesday way that they both get injured at the same stage and so early in the season. Its extremetly frustrating as 442 only really works with them in the team.