Team line up for Boro

In other words they are anonymous and the game passes them by.

You wouldn't realise they were playing.

What about when they don't have the ball?

Both McCabe and Corry are committed defenders who read game well, and have decent positional awareness. It is true that neither is very good challenging for headers, or perhaps as strong as some other midfielders in this league, still don't think it would come under focus against Boro who are also a passing side that will trive if we revert to long ball tactics - gifting ball to their CB's.

It is key to replace Lee and Hutch's quality on the ball (even more then their hard work off it), and ensure that likes of Maguire and Maghoma get constant splay, so they can do the damage at the other end.

Still, this is only my opinion, and it may be completely wrong, but I wont be afraid to write on here how I feel.

Both McCabe and Corry are committed defenders who read game well, and have decent positional awareness. It is true that neither is very good challenging for headers, or perhaps as strong as some other midfielders in this league, still don't think it would come under focus against Boro who are also a passing side that will trive if we revert to long ball tactics - gifting ball to their CB's.

It is key to replace Lee and Hutch's quality on the ball (even more then their hard work off it), and ensure that likes of Maguire and Maghoma get constant splay, so they can do the damage at the other end.

Still, this is only my opinion, and it may be completely wrong, but I wont be afraid to write on here how I feel.

Nor should you. I don't agree with you on this subject but as you say it is indeed only opinion on both our parts.

Guest wilyfox

Will be interesting to see which lineup Gray puts out there, being our first away game since the arrival of May. I'd be disappointed if he gets dropped in favour of Nuhiu as a lone striker.

Will be interesting to see which lineup Gray puts out there, being our first away game since the arrival of May. I'd be disappointed if he gets dropped in favour of Nuhiu as a lone striker.

I think Nuhiu will play. We seem to be more effective when playing a lone front man away so logically we'd not stick with that formation. I'm as keen to see May thrive as anyone but then again I'd hate to see him being flogged to death as a lone striker.

Edited by Dagmeister

The reason McCabe and Corry aren't in the starting line-up is because they neither work hard enough when they don't have the ball.

If and when they begin to work like Lee and Semedo, they'll be considered. Obviously, they both see the effort that also goes in at training, yet the penny still hasn't dropped with either of them.

They need to both go out on loan, and if they won't (as Corry has refused before) then they need to be moved on and replaced.

Westwood

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Mattock

Maguire

Semedo

Hutchinson 

Coke

Maghoma

May

No idea how people can go with Mccabe over Coke. Coke was outstanding at brighton and can find himself massively unlucky to have been out of the team since

Guest wilyfox

Indeed...... or your attacks on him.  He went on to be a solid championship striker elsewhere. Do we really want another circular debate  though?

No we don't, so I'll agree to disagree if you will. I hope we end our drought against Boro on their turf tomorrow. Will be a tough game.

No we don't, so I'll agree to disagree if you will. I hope we end our drought against Boro on their turf tomorrow. Will be a tough game.

Fair enough. I tend to be a responder rather than initiator anyway (sounds a bit dodgy that!). Hutch is rated @ 50/50 according to Gray. If he plays I think our chances would be about the same.

Thank goodness Gray is working the oracle with his tight resources as without our decent start I fear there would be quite some backlash on here given the takeover farce.

--------------------Kirkland

Palmer-------Lees--------Loovens-----Mattock

----------semedo---Coke---helan

Maghoma-----------------------------------Maguire

-----------------------May

4 at the back because our defence is our saving grace, so wouldn't

want to risk 3-5-2 despite not having enough wingers.

would be interesting to see tho:

..............Lees.........Loovens.......Zayatte/buxton when fit
Palmer...........Semedo/hutch........lee/coke..........Mattock/helan

...............................Maguire

.................maghoma/lavery..................May

Edited by Ash77

I would have been happy to revert to the system we played at Brighton, and the one we should have played against Derby, but losing Lee is a huge blow. I know he's only one player, but he's the only one who could dictate the game. Don't think I'd risk Hutchinson either, save him for the Forest game when we could be without Lee again. So it's either, go with the same system using McCabe or Corry, or play just Semedo and Coke in central midfield and go with the extra forward. It's a tough one, if we go with two up, I can see them getting starved of service. On the other hand, I can't see a midfield of Semedo, Coke and McCabe/Corry wrestling control of midfield. Because I don't think we have much chance either way, I'll probably go for the extra forward in the hope that we can nick something.

Guest Ryan Rye

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens

Maguire Coke Mcabe Mattock

Nuhiu

May Madine

😃

Edited by Ryan Rye

Tell you what, just had a quick scout on the Boro forums and they're very confident.  Most of them are saying 3-0 to them, some of them are even going 4-0!

None of them have them down as losing.  Some of the more educated scouts are looking forward to us bringing our long ball game to the riverside, just trying to 'hit Nuhiu or Stevie May'.

Best shut up shop and hope they don't tonk us I think.