Team line up for Boro

Back to our tried and tested system for this away game? If Lee and Hutchinson are missing, we'll be stretched. For me, it would come down to whether we entrust McCabe with the Lee role, or whether we switch Maguire to a more central role and bring in Helan out wide. If we don't bring anyone in, and we still want to use that system, then this might be the line up

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

Semedo

Coke

Maguire

Maghoma

Helan

Nuhiu

Subs

Kirkland

Zayatte

Floro

Corry

McCabe

Madine

May

Never play Helan out wide, further proof of that last night,  he's a great athlete and a decent enough defender but he just can't play football

Not confident for this game now we've picked up the inevitable injuries in our tiny squad,  would be delighted with a point

If Lee and Hutch are missing we're struggling big time.

I'd be tempted to go with May up top on his own with Maghoma in the number 10 role, giving us that extra body in midfield when we need it. Helan on the left and McCabe and Coke in the middle trying to keep the ball as much as possible. Coke doing the defensive midfield duties.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

TBH I think SG sees stevie may as number 1 up top now. I feel that he will get the nod over "hatty".

I do think that Nuhiu is better suited to that role though. dont know enough about May to make a judgement call myself.

Interesting point. I think that Gray prefers 5 man midfield with Nuhiu up front away from home but the fanfare surrounding May's arrival, and the fee, might just tempt him to give May the nod alone upfront. Not sure it'd be right on player or team though. Saturday's selection will be interesting. Assuming no Hutch or Lee then our central midfield looks worrying. You'd hope that Mccabe or Corry have made strides since last season and can step up or else what is the point of even having them on the bench continually?

Westwood

Lees        Loovens      Mattock

Palmer        Semedo       Coke         Helan

Maguire

May      Madine

Hey, that would be a radical shift in direction, but given the resources we have, it could give us our best chance of getting something, interesting shout

Guest UpTheOwlsss

I would go for

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

Coke

Semedo

Maguire

Nuihu

May

Nuihu

With coke and semedo very deep and then may who we know works hard and can join Nuihu when needed on the left

Then we have maghoma Madine to bring on if neeeed

I'd take a draw tbf however think we might lose 1-0 or 2-1 here