Guy Whiittingham

Anyone remember the impact he made when he first joined?

We were desperate for a striker so in came Whittingham from Villa in a swap deal for Ian Taylor who had struggled to make an impact.

Think it was 5 goals in his first 4 games or something like that an it created a real buzz. Would be great if Stevie May could do the same.

saw his debut at everton were he scored twice and the next game against cov? were he repeated the feat .didnt score to many after that but when he moved back into mid field he was a decentish player and always gave his all .think his best game was against grimsby in the cup when he had an hand in all 7 goals......

One of my favourite players as a youngster. He was a hero at Pompey, banging in the goals, went to Wednesday and scored goals, went back to Pompey and banged in goals.

He was always a top bloke aswell. Very kind and had time for the fans. He was a big time player with out the big Charlie attitide that comes with some of the Premier League players these days.

Same here-still serving but I get battered by the wife everytime I drink so I have stopped. lol

Good player IMO-seemed to give his all in what was a fairly poor team

Have you showered this morning?

He didn't start playing football professionally till he was quite old in comparison to other players. The standard in the forces is actually very good, when you get up to the Navy, Royal Marine, Army and RAF sides.

Edited by Guest

saw his debut at everton were he scored twice and the next game against cov? were he repeated the feat .didnt score to many after that but when he moved back into mid field he was a decentish player and always gave his all .think his best game was against grimsby in the cup when he had an hand in all 7 goals......

You're fvvcckkin' nicked my son!

Constable Shandy

Grammar Police

One of my favourite players as a youngster. He was a hero at Pompey, banging in the goals, went to Wednesday and scored goals, went back to Pompey and banged in goals.

He was always a top bloke aswell. Very kind and had time for the fans. He was a big time player with out the big Charlie attitide that comes with some of the Premier League players these days.

That's because of his Army background - he was a young sub for the Army side when I was playing regularly!