Stevie May

Hopefully SG will give him about an hour on Tuesday night to introduce him to English football. It's the perfect scenario for him.

agree, ideal scenario to get off to a good start against notts county on tuesday.

I think Madine will be up for this one as well.

A post by a toytown fan on the Perth board:

Hi,

Rotherham supporter here. If it is true that Stevie chose the owls I think it is a huge mistake.

They will kill his career and he'll end up just like Rhys McCabe at the bottom of swillsboros scrap heap.

He might not have got in our team straight away but it would have been his better option.

Steve Evans could have helped him ease into the higher standard of football required at our level and maybe he could have been the next Ross McCormack.

We still have Kieran Agard who is probably a better player for us to keep right now.

Unlike with St Johnstone, he wouldn't have been the star man and the only threat in our team.

Morgan also won't be the answer to your prayers cos he is crap.

They just can't accept it can they?

Would be funny if we put a bid in for Agard now too

We have! I heard we offered Steve Evans 107 cheeseburgers, 23 (begging) buckets full of chicken, 16 packs of fries, 7 apple pies and free refills on his mega gulp drink.

He turned us down saying that isn't an offer more, of a light snack lol

Guest PerthOwl

Would be funny if we put a bid in for Agard now too

Even better of Saints slipped in a bid of 20p a week over 300 years for Agard, like they initially did with May!

Could be the ideal game for him against Notts County decent opposition but not the best be nice if he could grab a goal and get the primate of his back

Edited by darra

I've not commented on this thread yet. From the vids we've all seen on YouTube Stevie looks to be a very promising signing, excitidely looking forward to watching his progress. Seems well suited to the championship with his build and good energy, just what we need. I can see him and Nuhiu together being a real test for most defences in this league

Guest tha_knows

Just watching Brentford reminded me what a good price we have paid for Stevie compared to the inflated English market. 

£1M for Andre Gray. A player who scored a similar amount to Stevie May last season but at Conference level.

Is that how much they paid for him?! Jesus I didn't know that, wouldn't say he's worth that at all, but after Jamie Vardys move to Leicester suppose that's the price of goal scoring conference forwards

Is that how much they paid for him?! Jesus I didn't know that, wouldn't say he's worth that at all, but after Jamie Vardys move to Leicester suppose that's the price of goal scoring conference forwards

Yeh true I knew Vardy quite well so in a biased way I thought for a team like Leicester £1M for him was a good gamble. I suppose you could say the same for Gray. I used the Andre Gray as an example of the English market. 

Edited by TheEnchanter