Stevie May

Guest tha_knows

Mandaric statement tonight I can see it like this - " Well I have met with Steven and his agent earlier in the week, we didn't actually agree a deal but we shook on it and he gave me his verbal agreement, he was supposed to be coming up last night to complete the deal unfortunately his Nissan Sunny broke down enroute and his insurance doesn't have the breakdown cover. I have tried to phone him this morning but it kept saying his phone was switched off, I am however confident in this deal and I ask our supporters to be patient with me like they always have done"

Steve Evans appears quite odious. The thing is though is that he is a cracking manager with a great track record to prove it. He uses every tool in his box to achieve results. He's very good at the "no-one likes us because they're scared of little old us" - so much so that he had the pig fans hating Rovrum last season.

I don't know how I'd feel if he became our manager. On one hand, I can't stand him but on the other hand, his record as a manager that can deliver is second to none. Evans is one of life's paradoxes. He looks like your archetypical loser but he is unbelievably successful.

He'll get snapped up by one of the big teams soon. Possibly, he may not have the tools to handle a big team but I wouldn't be surprised if he was very successful.

He might use every tool in his box but at Boston United they weren't exactly legal tools