Stevie May

Guest May17

I feel very sad but obviously delighted for our local hero getting his big move! Treat him well and he will score you shed loads of goals! Good luck this season. I hope you get promoted! Mon the Saints!

Stevie May career record

St. Johnstone

Apps 79

Goals 31

Alloa

Apps 22

Goals 19

Hamilton Academicals

Apps 36

Goals 26

Scotland U'20

Apps 1

Goals 0

Scotland U'21

Apps 6

Goals 2

I think right now with his goalscoring record and reports he's gonna be a good championship player right away and another one that could go and play In Premiership. 

The much-anticipated move to the English Championship saw the striker speak to the Hillsbrough club and Rotherham United yesterday after both clubs were given permission to speak to him and the 21 year old has opted for Wednesday.

The move, for an undisclosed fee, brings to and end over ten years on the books at McDiarmid Park for Mayso and last season will be remembered as Stevie’s finest season – 27 goals and a tailor-made Scottish Cup final date.

Speaking from his Sheffield hotel base, Stevie told the Saints Official Website: “I’m delighted. Wednesday are a big club and it didn’t take much persuasion for me to decide that they were the club to join.

“Leaving Saints is a wrench but last season was a great one for everyone at the club and I think we did ourselves proud in this season’s Europa League so it’s a good way to bow out.

“I want to say a huge thank you to everyone at the club – the gaffer and all the staff, the other players, everyone else involved at the club and especially to the fans –the way they have treated me since I got involved in the first team has been unbelievable and I’ll never forget it.”

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=3084